Couple of WC3 DOS questions

U

Unregistered

Okay, I have WC3 running in dosbox fine. However, for some reason I cannot seem to activate the afterburner. Also, does anyone know if WC3 dos supports throttle/rudder? Thanks!

What are you using for Joystick? Does the tab key not work for afturburners? What about both left and right mouse buttons at the same time? Can you post your dosbox config here? You might need to adjust some of the Joystick settings.
I think WC3 might support Throttle but rudder support isn't implemented until the kilrathi saga version.

Okay, sorry, I think I confused you a bit. First off, right now I am playing keyboard and mouse, the joystick question was for when my HOTAS set comes in the mail. Second, no the tab key does nothing. Finally my dosbox.conf is:

# This DOSBox configuration file was automatically created by D-Fend Reloaded.
# Changes made to this file will NOT be transfered to D-Rend Reloaded profiles list.
# D-Fend Reloaded will delete this file from temp directory on program close.

# Config file for profile "Wing Commander 3"

[sdl]
fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=original
windowresolution=original
output=surface
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
usecancodes=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=C:\Documents and Settings\Revenant\D-Fend Reloaded\mapper.txt

[dosbox]
machine=vga
captures=C:\Documents and Settings\Revenant\D-Fend Reloaded\Capture\Wing Commander 3\
memsize=32

[render]
frameskip=0
aspect=false
scaler=normal2x

[cpu]
core=dynamic
cycles=max
cycleup=500
cycledown=20

[mixer]
nosound=false
rate=22050
blocksize=2048
prebuffer=10

[midi]
mpu401=intelligent
device=default
config=

[sblaster]
sbtype=none
sbbase=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
mixer=true
oplmode=auto
oplrate=22050

[gus]
gus=true
gusrate=22050
gusbase=240
irq1=5
irq2=5
dma1=3
dma2=3
ultradir=C:\ULTRASND

[speaker]
pcspeaker=false
pcrate=22050
tandy=off
tandyrate=22050
disney=false

[dos]
xms=true
ems=true
umb=true
keyboardlayout=US

[joystick]
joysticktype=none
timed=true
autofire=false
swap34=false
buttonwrap=true

[serial]
Serial1=Dummy
Serial2=dummy
Serial3=disabled
Serial4=disabled

[autoexec]
@echo off
SET PATH=Z:\
keyb US 437 > nul
mount C "C:\DOCUME~1\Revenant\D-FEND~1\VIRTUA~1\"
mount D "D:\" -t cdrom
D:
cd\
call WC3GRAV.BAT
exit

Well, I reread your reply, and realized I hadn't tried both mouse buttons together, so I loaded up WC3 and then found out that it was right mouse button. My setup seems to be a little finicky, and apparently sometimes doesn't activate afterburners, so I have to hit right mouse a couple of times sometime. Sorry.

what if I doin't want to use the right mouse button? I can't manuver when I am holding down the right button? Is there someplace to change it back to the tab button?

Did you do something to change it to the right mouse button to begin with? I believe in most games tab will still continue to work. If not, there's not much else you can do. Switch to keyboard and then to mouse in the alt+o menu and it'll be pretty much restored to your original configuration.

Throttle and Rudder support was not added to Wing Commander III until The Kilrathi Saga, according to the KS 'help.txt' file.

Back