converting WC fan movies to DVD

wankski

Spaceman
Hi ppl.

First, Queeg, i love your WC movies - got wc3 and d/ling wc4 at the mo...

But, i wanna get these divx movies onto a dvd so i can watch it on my home player... how u ppl doing this? what program u guys running??

i d/led a few free progs like Ultra DVD creator and such, but these free ones are limited - only converting half the file ! one i'm trying has a watermark in the middle - converting now - dunno how bad it will be....

any ideas? any freeware out there that works?? what are u guys using?

cheers,

joe

ps - would have posted in the movies thread - but they are quite old now - and this may be useful for any kind of file conversion to DVD

Depends on what software you use, and your playback system.

If you have a current DVD-player for 25$/20 euro's or so, those can play back .avi files, so you can simply drag-and-drop on your recordable.

If you want a full dvd, including menus and such, you need to buy something like easy dvd creator, no way around that, unless someone knows a freeware solution.

If you have an older player, trial and error if there are no firmware upgrades, also, don's do channel, you'll experience framerate loss.

you might consider the purchase of a mediacentre, that lets you browse your network, simply view the files from your pc, through some kind of network setup on your TV, beats wasting dvd-r's anyday.

hey man, thanks for the reply...

my DVD player plays the stuff fine - but the programs i'm using are limited - the DVD's i've made on them work fine... u can't do a straight burn since it uses divx, and unfortunately i don;t have one of those cool new players that will play that...

yeah - i'm on a laptop with a s-vid out - so i'm checking out that option....hopefully its a straight hook up and i don;t need any software etc

cheers,

joe

Many current DVD players, especially by Philips, now play DivX-format files directly, and are compatible right up to version 6.1. My own DVD player, the Philips DVP642, retails for between $25-60 at the moment (lower prices usually found online) and I've enjoyed watching the Wing Commander Academy series on it a few times already.

thanks for the replys.... yeah that phillips looks attractive at the mo, hehe

can;t get this dell to display on tv now i have a cable... hrmm

may give me ol dvd to the folks (haven't accepted dvd's yet!) ~~~

cheers again,

joe

DVD mastering and free are two things you won't see together. There are some excellent tools however that are trialware (30 days or so) and/or are resonably cheap (<$100).

DVD mastering and free are two things you won't see together. There are some excellent tools however that are trialware (30 days or so) and/or are resonably cheap (<$100).

heh, thanks, that's what i needed to know...

anyways.. its ok since i got me a laptop - i figured out the tv-out thing and i watched wc4 on my tv and speakers - totally worth it....

so yeah - this drama is over, must say a big thankyou to queeg, love the vids...

Back