Control problems for Wing Commander 2 (from The Kilrathi Saga)

KSOT

Spaceman
My problem is that whenever I shoot, it cancels out the directional functions. That is to say for example, I'm pulling the ship up to chase after some fleabag and I start shooting as I'm following it up, but the first shot I fire makes me stop turning up, so I have to tap up again after I fire each time. As you can imagine, this makes it quite difficult to kill much of anything that's not directly in front of me. Hitting afterburner also cancels the directional functions.

Please tell me this is a common problem with an easy solution =/

I had it happend to me around last year for WC3 but I cant remember how I fix it. Have you tryed it with any other WC games to see if it shows up?

Also try unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back in. I've had games go crazy with my keyboard and then fix itself after doing it.

The same thing happened with WC1, only just with the afterburner button, not the laser, so I was able to adjust. For WC2, I can't even press two directional buttons at the same time, so I have to use the arrow keys on the right that include diagonal directions =/

I tried unplugging the keyboard.... didn't help. This is upsetting :(

Hmm well the the next thing I can think of off hand is that mabye your keyboard isnt fully compadable with the two or more WC games youve tryed. Which can be the case because I ended up getting a new keyboard with my new computer and I never had the problem again. If you have a spare keyboard or one that you can barrow from someone to test out the theory then try it.

If all else fails you can get some kind of joystick that would give you all your requirements. Mine before it died let me thrust, gun fire, missle fire, roll, and ofcorse yaw and pitch.

Back