Confederation Ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akashra

Spaceman
Okay, so what happens if you want to remain an Officer, if you don't want a desk job having a Flag rank? :p
Sure the paycheck is nice...

Something that got me - in the game, are they part of the Confederation Space Force, or Confederation Navy?... Maniac titles Blair as being 'Colonel Christopher Blair, Confederation Space Force reserves, it's my duty to inform you... blah blah blah'... yet Confed Space Force ranks go to * General as Flag Ranks.

Yet in Prophecy, he's a Commodore - which is a Confederation Navy Flag rank.

So which is he?

It's rather easy to transfer between services in Wing Commander, it seems. Blair transfered to the Navy to work on the Midway project, hence a navy rank.

TC

You don't start off as an ensign because Blair's in the space forces until a while after WC4.

TC

Originally posted by TC
It's rather easy to transfer between services in Wing Commander, it seems. Blair transfered to the Navy to work on the Midway project, hence a navy rank.

TC

An example is Jason "Bear" Bondarevski...

(I'm gonna be Space Marshal, one day... like the admins...) lol

Many of the ranks are the same from Space Forces to Navy, so yeh, there's not really an easy way to differentiate, is there.

We see him as a Lt. in SO1, then as quite a few obviously navy ranks after that.

TC

I only just now (30 minutes ago) finished playing the first half of SO1... where do we see him mentioned thereafter, in any game?

We don't, but he's the main character in End Run, Fleet Action and False Colors. And a minor character in some of the other novels...

(I know, I know, Australians can't read...)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
We don't, but he's the main character in End Run, Fleet Action and False Colors. And a minor character in some of the other novels...

That was what I wanna say... He is Lieutenant in SO1, and Lt. Commander in Fleet Action (sorry, I have only one novel), so in the navy insofar as he is in command of the Tarawa...

Big difference between cant read and havent had the chance to read.
Send me a copy of the novels and I'll gladly read them.

BTW, Bear was also in the last (?) mission of SO1 (like I said, was playing it a short while ago :)

wasn't bear in the wing commander 4 novel as a cruiser or destroyer captain trying to protect the behemoth and he lost an arm or something

Yes, Bear lost his arm while captaining the Coventry circa HotT (while defending the Behemoth)

TC

Napolean, I tried through Amazon once, but like I said, it as hella expensive - and right now, I can't afford it, even buying second hand books :(

well then download End Run and read it as often as possible. also I once saw a download of WC3 from some russian site but the file was in english, it was on the news page of the cic

Originally posted by akashra
Napolean, I tried through Amazon once, but like I said, it as hella expensive - and right now, I can't afford it, even buying second hand books :(

That's no excuse. ER can be downloaded, and the other's aren't that expensive for books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back