Confed Uniforms?

Originally posted by Manic
My thoughts were that in WC1, they didn't bother with flight suits. Those things were so rickety you couldn't survive if it did blow, so why bother with airtight suits? :D

What they had on had to be airtight ( I can't remember what they look like but it showed it when you crash and you throw your hands in form of your face) since when you ejected in WC1/2/3/4 (I believe 3 & 4 didn't have pods, not sure though) it was just you in your ejector chair. It wasn't until WCP that ejected pilots had their own little "life pods".

Which brings up a point I haven't thought about (though I'n sure someone has) THe WCA fighters have lifepods for ejection, not at all like the game. Explaination?

C-ya

WC4 did have eject pods. WC2 and WC3 had ejection seats, and WC1 had nothing except you in an airtight flight suit spinning through space.

Also in Wc1 and Wc2 the pilots wear no gloves....Its freezing outside the cocpit....

Well,I think all the uniforms are the same (once again Im not talking about WCM and SWC).
Between Wc1 and Wc2 there are some differences ,but there are 11 years difference between them.Maybe Confed decided to change the uniforms(I really think that ChrisRoberts just didnt think about the uniforms).Well then from WC3 and on there are real actors,not graphics.They couldnt make an exact uniform like the graphics in the game.So they made a similar.
Dont think about the uniform.Cause then in Wc3,Wc4 they should also find a Black/Blue Hair guy to play Blair,a Blond guy to play Paladin etc.
Use your Imagination.In my mind there are all the same....

I think it's more or less the fact that the uniforms in the first game don't really count, as in the beginning (no offence) wing commander was created from battlestar galactica, as to which the uniforms wer almost the same too. They changed that tho since wing commander became a big success and look at it now they have their own company, they made a movie out of it and some clones such as star- and freelancer, even tho they can't beat wing commander it'self :)

Which brings up a point I haven't thought about (though I'n sure someone has) THe WCA fighters have lifepods for ejection, not at all like the game. Explaination?

A number of possibilities present themselves. For instance...

* Different classes of fighters have different methods of ejecting.

* No matter how your fighter lets you eject, you can *always* pop the canopy and eject 'manually'.

Also in Wc1 and Wc2 the pilots wear no gloves....Its freezing outside the cocpit....

You do gain gloves at some point between flying and ejecting.

Well,I think all the uniforms are the same (once again Im not talking about WCM and SWC).
Between Wc1 and Wc2 there are some differences ,but there are 11 years difference between them.Maybe Confed decided to change the uniforms(I really think that ChrisRoberts just didnt think about the uniforms).

Great... they're the *same*... except when they're *different*!

Back