Concordia class Super cruiser

The other Digital Anvil title developed at that same time, Conquest, re-used designs from the Wing Commander movie as well. (And who knows, maybe Loose Cannon would also have featured Wing Commander remnants...)

To the defense of the guys at Digital Anvil in 98/99, they did all go above and beyond their jobs to render scenes for the Wing Commander movie... seems only fair that they'd be able to transfer that super high quality work that ended up in five seconds of movie to the things the actual games they were developing.

(... and I'll bet an artist working at DA's old office would have trouble not thinking about the movie ships each day... there was Wing Commander movie memorabelia *everywhere*.)

Any explaination given for why they left the Gratha out of the movie? (I think it was that ship; the Confed Handbook lists a Kilrathi bomber as well as a low-res CG shot of it)

LeHah said:
Any explaination given for why they left the Gratha out of the movie? (I think it was that ship; the Confed Handbook lists a Kilrathi bomber as well as a low-res CG shot of it)

The original movie script calls for Dralthi, Krant and Salthi... the latter two got cut in the rush to finish the 3D effects (which were a lot more time consuming than originally planned for). The Handbook still has the specifications for both as it was published before their complete removal from the movie... but it doesn't have any pictures.

You may be thinking of the Fralthi, which due to the fact that it wasn't finished when the book went to press appears as an untextured 'intelligence rendering' in the book.

I had written Fralthi but then edited my post - I had thought that it was a Kilrathi bomber, not a capship that had the 'intelligence rendering'.

Back