COMIC BOOKS! (was: Coping with Depression)

What happens when you have two different computers in different locations that you use regularly with the same account name? Do you see a record of all known IPs associated with the screen name?

What happens when you have two different computers in different locations that you use regularly with the same account name? Do you see a record of all known IPs associated with the screen name?

I'm not sure. The part of the CZ that I understand how to use (read: a small part) gives me the most recent IP address and the one used when registering. It's possible that Kris has some other tool that collects others... but I doubt we worry about stuff like that.

I like comics, although I must admit I prefer the star wars and star trek comics rather then the "main-stream" DC comics and the likes, probably more for the contents (SW & ST) then for the comics itself.

I'm glad someone said this, because those are also the comics I read -- and other media adaptations. I really like the idea of different media stories having to work within a given framework...

I've done this myself in my junior high years, but if you're stupid enough to try to ban evade using multiple accounts, you're probably going to do something stupid with your alt after the inital one gets banned. (Our recent LOAF-jacked topics are an example of this, but they honestly make me want us to get more stupid people. These end out being good topics!)

Honestly, there are people who have been huge doofuses and then come back some time later with new accounts and been great posters.

Philip Tanaka/"Brown and Proud" is not one of those people.

Why hasn't there been a free comic book day announcement in a long time?

They've been doing it every year in May to coincide with a big comic book movie -- I think it got a lot more press when that movie was Spider Man {Variable}. Here's the website: http://freecomicbookday.com/

Last year seemed kind of subdued and uninteresting, but it might have been a personal thing. The year before my brother and sister and friends spend the whole day driving all over the state seeing how a dozen or so different stores did it, and it was amazingly fun.

Speaking of comic books and movies, apparently they're making another Punisher movie. This concerns me, from what I've seen said about it on the intarweb (keeping in mind said intarweb has a metric fuckton of complete fucking idiots)

I've done this myself in my junior high years, but if you're stupid enough to try to ban evade using multiple accounts, you're probably going to do something stupid with your alt after the inital one gets banned. (Our recent LOAF-jacked topics are an example of this, but they honestly make me want us to get more stupid people. These end out being good topics!)

I think I might have explained myself wrong. I was talking about the oppositte. I log into the CIC from work, from home, and from a third mobile computer, all with different IP addresses. Obviously, I'm ELTEE when logging on at all of them, so I was just curious which IP was displayed.

Speaking of comic books and movies, apparently they're making another Punisher movie. This concerns me, from what I've seen said about it on the intarweb (keeping in mind said intarweb has a metric fuckton of complete fucking idiots)

There's some kind clip that was posted on the net around the time of the San Diego Comicon... it was just a montage of all the film's gore though. But there's a trailer on the net too you could watch that looks kind of crappy. Some of the punisher fans seem to think it looks good, but it just looks stupid to me. But I also didn't mind the Thomas Jane one.

I didn't mind the 2004 Punisher, either, though I did think it could've done with some more editing (like cutting that opera scene out, I thought it was stupid, and not in an amusing way).

This one, though... ick.

(And the less said of the Dolph Lundgren one, the better. :p )

(And the less said of the Dolph Lundgren one, the better. :p )

I have to admit, I love over-the-top extreme 80's style-like violence, and some of Dolph's movies fit the bill perfectly. Some of the films feature the awesome slow motion gun shots - a GREAT way to spend a rainy Saturday! :D

Back to fruitlessly plug again. ;) Just wanted to let people know that October 1st is the (online) launch day of our introductory comic at http://www.modsprocket.com.

Basically, it's a major section of the first graphic novel turned into its own mini-comic. It'll be 100% free and digital. Print versions are also being handed out at Baltimore comic con.

Doesn't go live until the 1st, but you guys can 'sneak peak' the comic here (view jpegs in chronological order). Shhh!

In WC-related news, I'm beginning to write a Wing Commander mini-comic that's a few pages longer than the preview above.

I am not a huge fan of comics (not that I dislike them, I just had little contact with them except for Tintin, Lucky Luke, Disney and such things) so maybe my praise is worth little but I did like what I saw: the protagonist seems rather unusual, someone beating a bear with his bare hands is always cool and I did not expect what happened to the woman.

So, I wish you best of luck with your comic! And, of course, I am looking forward to the WC comic.

I think I might have explained myself wrong. I was talking about the oppositte. I log into the CIC from work, from home, and from a third mobile computer, all with different IP addresses. Obviously, I'm ELTEE when logging on at all of them, so I was just curious which IP was displayed.

The one you post from is displayed. A full history is available elsewhere in the forums software.

The one you post from is displayed. A full history is available elsewhere in the forums software.

Interesting, thanks! You all (CIC staff) seem to be more on top of things than in other forums to which I belong, so I wondered how you managed information like that. :)

Anyone trying to follow my link now will encounter a really messed up looking site. That's because you now have to use the link on the frontpage, so it launches in a specifically sized window.

Back