Come on guys be honest with me here...

Holy Crap guys. I was asking for your opinions not asking to be completley attacked.

Keep in my mind the philosophy of the Hornet's Nest, be careful of what you stick in. :p

I for one look forward to a Wing Commander arcade game that's all about multiplayer mayhem. Getting Armada to work properly (hah! my CD is scratched to hell, so good luck on it actually working) has made more interest in this upcoming title.

Altough a full blown Wing Commander game would be awesome beyond recognition, the chance at a multiplayer version (that works for me at least) has been a longtime dream finally come true. I love it how they especially pandered to us fans with older designs, tributes and old guns!

Now Arena is what I call 'Fan Service'

You came in and saw how excited people were for the game, and then started a thread to express your disgust at it and challenge everyone's sincerity. What kind of reaction were you expecting?

We lost cockpits with WC4 in 1996. There is a joystick coming out later this year, but the controls have been well designed for the gamepad.

This is the problem. You're not really asking what the game is going to be like. You've already decided, incorrectly, that's it's a shoddy simplistic game. There are very many hands-on previews that go into detail about how it's not a simple arcade shooter.

From what I read here you have already decided that this is going to be an awesome game? I admit I don't know how this game is because I haven't played it. I read on your blog that you did play a little portion of it. The full game is a much different story though. Because the title of the game has 'Wing Commander' on it does not make it automatically good. To illustrate, the Star Wars movies that came out that were so "long awaited", were horrible. Everyone went to see them because "It's Star Wars!" there is no difference here with the fan reaction.

What the board is also basically telling me is that I can't have an opinion and was completely attacked. This is a typical reaction to people who are obsessed with a series, like myself. However after waiting years with no hopes of another Wing Commander game, then seeing this I was not impressed. I am not going to let blind fan obsession blind me. This has happened to me in the past before with 'Yes it's finally here!" type games. Now I am little more hard on new games that come out especially ones that were popular for years.

So honestly you cannot say that my reaction was not "typical" of this board. I lost respect for a company as Electronic Arts before when they became a money market, sport games company. They did take over Origin, who most likely would of produced many more Wing Commander games if they were still in business. Wing Commander 1-4 were quality games and the good ole' days were gone after that time. Yes I was expecting a ground breaking game, especially with such a huge fan base as there is.

I will wait until more information and more previews come out to make a FINAL outcome of this game.

What doesn't anyone explain to me besides multi-player, what makes the game so good. The preview video looked almost like an FPS in space.

Wing Commander Saga looks 10x better then Arena coming out. you know why? Because people who do things when they don't want money for it, take there time to do it. They also make a conscience effort putting there heart into it to create a good game or a good series. That is exactly what the people of the Wing Commander Saga series are doing. This Arena game will be rushed and not heart put into it. Companies like EA just rush games out as fast as they can to get them on the shelves to keep shelling money into the bank.

You tell me, are they doing this primarily for the fan base, or because they know they can make a quick buck?

To illustrate, the Star Wars movies that came out that were so "long awaited", were horrible. Everyone went to see them because "It's Star Wars!" there is no difference here with the fan reaction.

How does this illustrate your point? If anything it illustrates the same thing that people get yelled at for all the time. Spewing an unexplained opinion and stating it as fact. I have loved Star Wars since I was 5 years old and I like every single one of the prequels.

What doesn't anyone explain to me besides multi-player, what makes the game so good. The preview video looked almost like an FPS in space.

Well now let's think about the previous Wing Commander titles. You flew a spaceship from the first person perspective, and you shot at other spaceships. That sounds an awful lot like a First-Person Shooter to me.

Because the title of the game has 'Wing Commander' on it does not make it automatically good.

Nor does writing a reply make you topical or intelligent.

The difference is that Wing Commander has proven its self over and over and over and over. I can't think of a more successful, higher quality running game series than WC.

To illustrate, the Star Wars movies that came out that were so "long awaited", were horrible.

Your point is cheap and tepid - as I enjoyed the prequels immensely and saw them for that fact alone. Theres more in The Phantom Menace than most movie trilogies bother to have.

From what I read here you have already decided that this is going to be an awesome game? [...] Because the title of the game has 'Wing Commander' on it does not make it automatically good. To illustrate, the Star Wars movies that came out that were so "long awaited", were horrible. Everyone went to see them because "It's Star Wars!" there is no difference here with the fan reaction.
I think you're missing the point. What bothers people isn't the fact that you're too cautious to assume this will be a good game, but rather the fact that your tone implies that it will be a bad game. You're telling us that being called "Wing Commander" won't automatically make it good, but your tone implies that you're convinced it will automatically be a bad game.

I mean, the people who were disappointed with the Star Wars movies didn't start off disappointed - they went to see the movies first, before they started complaining. You, meanwhile, seem to be doing this in reverse - you're assuming right off the bat that the game will suck, even before you've played it.

I'm not even sure if that's actually the message you're trying to get across - but whatever it is you're trying to say, the above is the message most people read from your posts.

I have already decided this game is going to be awesome, and you know why? There are people on this forum who have actually played it already. I trust their judgement of a good game far more than I trust random internet naysaying.

You need a dose of perspective.

Holy Crap guys. I was asking for your opinions not asking to be completley attacked.
Dude, grow up. Somebody disagreed with you on the internet, it's not the end of the world.

I am not looking for a "Mark Hammil" returns sort of game. But what I try to say was , where is the cockpit and the joystick control...
Where were the cockpits in WCIV?

You're aware the Xbox gamepad has *2* joysticks built in, right? This is the playing field a developer is working with here. There's a couple million PC gamers out there with keyboards and mouses, and a few hundred million console gamers with gamepads that have thumbsticks. You play to your audience, not stubbornly buck them and expect a payday.

What turns me off is it's an arcade style shooter with the Wing Commander logo on it.
Wing Commander has always been an arcade shooter. Just because magazine advertisements say "simulation" in the tag line doesn't make it true. Arena is basically as detailed as any WC before it in terms of how ship damage and weapons behave, and since that's about as deep as WC ever got into "simulating" anything, I don't see the problem here.

That doesn't make the game automatically good.
Nor does it automatically make the game bad.

A game is either fun or it isn't, regardless of however different a previous title may or may not have been. I can't imagine why you'd attempt to pretend otherwise.
From what I read here you have already decided that this is going to be an awesome game?
Well, the person you've quoted has, because he's already played the game.

The full game is a much different story though.
Yes, because the finished game will be significantly better. Large and observable improvements have already been made all over the place.

To illustrate, the Star Wars movies that came out that were so "long awaited", were horrible.
This is just your own personal opinion, though. I rather liked the new movies, and a lot of Star Wars fans feel the same. In fact, I waited in line for a couple days with LOAF to see Revenge of the Sith, and everyone there was very positive, and seemed to like the movie a lot. I know I did.

The fact that some vocal minority on the internet didn't like the new Star Wars movies has no bearing on whether they were good, and means absolutely nothing re: Wing Commander Arena.

What the board is also basically telling me is that I can't have an opinion and was completely attacked.
No, that's not what's happening, that's just your paranoid assumption. You asked what everyone thought and got the answers you requested.

All you loudmouths throughout the years always fall back on "It's my OPINION!" like it's some kind of unassailable fortress. It's not. People disagree with you. This is a discussion zone - be prepared to deal with it.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion of Wing Commander Arena, but here are some things you should consider:
  1. You've never played the game, and therefore really have no idea what you're talking about.
  2. The response from veryone who has played the game has been universally positive, and this includes pillars of our own small community right here, who I am willing to trust because they are my personal friends and I respect them.
  3. If you simply expect to state your opinion and receive nothing but support, you are a fool. You are also rude, because posting content-devoid threads where no discussion is ever intended is destructive to the intellectual landscape of the Chat Zone. This is not a monolithic community; some people will disagree with you. They are as fully entitled to their (possibly more enlightened) opinion as you are to yours - respect that.
  4. If you can't respect that, do not post. If your feelings are so easily hurt, you're far too thin-skinned and need to stop stressing yourself, because our community is how it has always been and always will be, and we will not change for you.
  5. Finally, "It's my opinion" is the oldest crap argument in the book. We've heard it from a lot of people before you ever showed up, and they're not around anymore, because they were quick to judge and quick to anger, and slow to reason. We will continue to hear it long after you are gone, or have grown up enough to recognize the futility and immaturity of the plea. If you can't defend your opinions (yes, you must do this,) rationally and with clarity, don't hold your breath for respect. It is given only to those who show they possess the mental alacrity to think for themselves.

Now I am little more hard on new games that come out especially ones that were popular for years.
Save it for when you've played the demo.

There's plenty of room to register concern and logically and calmly discuss the various game elements that interest or worry you. There is absolutely no room at all to pan a game that you've never played. Especially in the presence of those who have, and don't at all share your opinion. Your preconception.

So honestly you cannot say that my reaction was not "typical" of this board.
As a >10-year veteran of this very board, I can say with authority that you have been, in fact, exceedingly typical.

I lost respect for a company as Electronic Arts before when they became a money market, sport games company. They did take over Origin, who most likely would of produced many more Wing Commander games if they were still in business. Wing Commander 1-4 were quality games and the good ole' days were gone after that time.
I'm going to leave the details of this for someone smarter, like LOAF, to cover, because he knows the details by memory, but I will point out that at least half of the games you listed would never have been made possible without Electronic Arts' support.

You've been brainwashed by generic internet group-think. Begin to reason for yourself, learn the timeline of Origin's game releases, and those of other development houses acquired by EA. Think hard about what lies before you, and then come back and let us know if you still believe EA is a destructive force in the industry.
Yes I was expecting a ground breaking game, especially with such a huge fan base as there is.
A ground-breaking game is precisely what we've got. If you had any concept of the context at all, you'd know that. This is the single most impressive XBLA game to date and for the forseeable future, and it holds that distinction by large margins. In fact, it exhibits features and capabilities many full 60-dollar Xbox360 games do not. In addition to this, it's significantly cheaper - at $10.00 - that some other, dramatically less impressive, XBLA titles that turned out to be quite popular.

My conclusion from your reaction here is that you don't own an Xbox360 and don't know what Xbox Live Arcade is, or at least have never bothered to use it. It's a fabulous service already, and nothing available comes anywhere near close to Arena, not in terms of sheer game scope, nor in overall value. It's going to sell a staggeringly huge number of copies.

I will wait until more information and more previews come out to make a FINAL outcome of this game.
We all know you desperately want the game to suck, and will find any excuse to declare it so. Whether you claim to wait affects this not at all. You are going to hate Arena because you want to - it's obvious. No need to pretend.

Actually, that's what Wing Commander has traditionally been. It's what you want. This is more a third-person shooter. In space.

Wing Commander Saga looks 10x better then Arena coming out. you know why? Because people who do things when they don't want money for it, take there time to do it.
I beg to differ. It's pretty clear that Arena is far more faithful to the Wing Commander continuity and atmosphere than Saga, a project notorious for inaccuracy and making stuff up.

Furthermore, the sole purpose of Saga is to score industry jobs for those involved. It's a cynical project led by combative people who seem to have very little real love for Wing Commander.

They also make a conscience effort putting there heart into it to create a good game or a good series.
Not to turn this into the hate-on-Saga hour, but what evidence have you ever seen to support this? They've spent years accomplishing very, very little and what they have shown violates the Wing Commander continuity in strange and arbitrary ways. They are a model of apathy and inefficiency.
This Arena game will be rushed and not heart put into it. Companies like EA just rush games out as fast as they can to get them on the shelves to keep shelling money into the bank.
This is just stupid. Not only is it a borderline ad hominem attack designed to deflect any real discussion by using labels and catch-phrases (something we absolutely hate and will not tolerate here at the CZ,) it's completely, obviously false.

Arena has been under development for some time, and a great deal of effort that you know nothing about has been spent in creating a rich, detailed environment that remains deeply faithful to the WC continuity (moreso than any previous Wing Commander.) We've been expecting Arena to launch "any minute now" for several months - it's hardly being rushed.

And don't pretend like making money is evil. Electronic Arts is in business to make money, just like everyone else, including whatever developers and publishers you idolize as pillars of integrity. EA seeks to maximize profit at all times, like anyone should, because it is their responsibility to society. Not publishing games - making money. The fact that they've published a veritable mountain of unforgettably excellent software while doing so is a testament to the company culture, and hardly an indictment against capitalism as you'd have it.

You tell me, are they doing this primarily for the fan base, or because they know they can make a quick buck?
This is an easy question, and I can tell you unequivocally and without hesitation that I am 100% certain that every possible honor has been paid to the fanbase of Wing Commander, far above and beyond the call of duty, or any level we would consider acceptable, or even amazing.

We have no right to the level of care and attention that has been paid to this game at every step of its development, and no cause to expect it. I'm absolutely blown away by what we know about Wing Commander Arena, and can't wait to play.

[Edit]
And now that I read this thread again, it occurs to me that you never addressed my previous post, nor anyone else's. You merely invoked the opinion demon and tried to avoid any real discussion.

Do you have anything real to say in response to either of my posts, or anything anyone else has said, specifically? Please don't bother posting again unless it's a quote-by-quote.

From what I read here you have already decided that this is going to be an awesome game? I admit I don't know how this game is because I haven't played it. I read on your blog that you did play a little portion of it. The full game is a much different story though.

This is such a strange justification - it's a scenario you've invented yourself, somehow oblivious to the idea that simple facts will render it ridiculous. To wit: Chris has certainly never said *anything* like that, nor does he even have a blog. I can happily confirm that Mr. Reid has played every single mode in Wing Commander Arena - I was there, I saw it all. In fact, he's actually played more than the entire game - since one of the maps we tried has since been removed.

Because the title of the game has 'Wing Commander' on it does not make it automatically good. To illustrate, the Star Wars movies that came out that were so "long awaited", were horrible. Everyone went to see them because "It's Star Wars!" there is no difference here with the fan reaction.

You know what, everyone else is going to tiptoe around this one and be logical and point out all the stupid flaws with your argument. Let me go with my fanatic's gut and scream: yes, it [expletive] does! I've been playing Wing Commander games for seventeen years now and I have not *once* found one that wasn't worth my time and money. I must have played a hundred different SKUs, from the PC9821 port of Armada to the Mag Force 7 CCG, and *every single one* was excellent. With that fantastic history I can easily argue that making a 'Wing Commander' game is as close to a sure thing as can possibly be measured.

Will Arena be awesome? Yes, both because of everything I've seen and experienced about it *and* because it's Wing Commander.

Hell, I'll bet my ten dollars on it!

What the board is also basically telling me is that I can't have an opinion and was completely attacked. This is a typical reaction to people who are obsessed with a series, like myself. However after waiting years with no hopes of another Wing Commander game, then seeing this I was not impressed. I am not going to let blind fan obsession blind me. This has happened to me in the past before with 'Yes it's finally here!" type games. Now I am little more hard on new games that come out especially ones that were popular for years.

No. The problem here is that *your* first post was an attack. You literally call everyone liars in the topic: to demand that everyone "be honest" with you is to tell them that you believe they *aren't* being honest to this point. You *started* by making clear that you weren't looking for people's opinions... you had already reviewed and found them wanting. You were demanding *validation*, of which we have none. In light of all that, everyones perfectly reasonable responses seem even kind.

So honestly you cannot say that my reaction was not "typical" of this board. I lost respect for a company as Electronic Arts before when they became a money market, sport games company.

The idea that Electronic Arts would want to make money is not the brilliant attack that the likes of Slashdot have lead you to believe. We live in a world where making money is a requirement up there with breathing and eating (in fact, it is often required to facilitate both). The romantic stories the internet filled your head with about maverick game designers working in their garages are just that: largely fictional stories. The people slaving over hot code in poverty are doing so (and telling such stories) because they want venture capital (or, more often, a multimillion dollar buyout) from companies like Electronic Arts or Ubisoft. The idea that EA wanting to make money is somehow offensive is terrible. Have you ever engaged in commerce? Have you or do you plan to work for a living? Of course, of course, of course. What scenario are you envisioning otherwise? Do you believe Origin made games for the heck of it? The original Wing Commander *launched* the million dollar game business, the very one you're obtusely critiquing today.

That said, I will argue tooth and nail that *this particular game* involves a lot more than just money. Arena will make money - scads of it, if we're lucky... but the simple fact that the producer spends so much time interacting with and appealing to a financially insignificant group of hardcore Wing Commander fans is what defines this title, not the general existence of a monetary system. How can you follow the news and believe otherwise?

They did take over Origin, who most likely would of produced many more Wing Commander games if they were still in business. Wing Commander 1-4 were quality games and the good ole' days were gone after that time. Yes I was expecting a ground breaking game, especially with such a huge fan base as there is.

Do us all a favor and straighten out whoever told you this - it is a lie. Electronic Arts bought Origin in 1992 - after years of being otherwise invested in the company - following huge financial difficulties on the part of the company. That is to say that Richard Garriott was running OSI out of business. EA was responsible for funding and publishing every Wing Commander game from Wing Commander 2 Deluxe forward. Without EA's money, Origin (if it survived- and it would not have) would never have been able to produce big budget titles like Wing Commander III and IV (or even Privateer). The Wing Commander series we know and love owes a huge debt of gratitude to Electronic Arts.

You are also wrong about there being a huge fan base. We do big things, but we are not a big group. We are a few thousand people - completely insignificant to the millions needed to sell a modern game. It is beyond shocking that EA has paid any attention whatsoever, much less that they've built the continuity of the game around our desires.

To quote, "That's your mistake to make." We've worked hard to make sure there's enough information to allow anyone to make an informed decision. You won't win any respect or e-accolades here for keeping your eyes closed or for opting to be as obnoxious as possible on purpose. But then, your first post makes clear that you already knew that.

Wing Commander... *IS*... an FPS in space. If anything, this game is the *least* like an FPS of any WIng Commander game ever - since it lacks the 'F' and the 'P'. Do not let the '3D Space Simulation' on the box of the original game fool you (it's advertising - to make MONEY! Shocked face!) - Wing Commander is an action shooter and always has been. It's not simulating anything. This is exactly what has always made it fun - it's an immersive action game, whereas 'realistic' space games are invariably terrible.

Wing Commander Saga looks 10x better then Arena coming out. you know why? Because people who do things when they don't want money for it, take there time to do it. They also make a conscience effort putting there heart into it to create a good game or a good series. That is exactly what the people of the Wing Commander Saga series are doing. This Arena game will be rushed and not heart put into it. Companies like EA just rush games out as fast as they can to get them on the shelves to keep shelling money into the bank.

What are you *talking* about? Saga is Origin's ships put into Volition's game - there's no creative spark there. It's a tribute, not a grand design effort. It also isn't anywhere near closed to finished - it's pretty screenshots (well, when you can see them) and a very very awkward tech demo at this point.

I don't know what you know about Arena that we don't, though. With Microsoft's sloth-like schedule for Live Arcade releases, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to *rush* a game. I remember when Arena was supposed to come out for *Thanksgiving* (November 2006). See, you've decided something idiotic here without any facts to back it up. Haven't you been watching the game improve over the past weeks? Fans want to see the ships more and bam, they add a new camera. Flight lines are empty at the first press day... and then the next time they're full of Longbows! A heck of a lot of time is being spent on making this game as 'Wing Commander' as possible.

No, you tell us. Read the news. Read the Arena archive. Look at the classic ships. Read and watch the interviews with the producer. Talk to the people who've played the games. Look at the continuity material at the official site, when it arrives. Understand how XBLA titles can and can't be profitable. Learn what it means for this giant game to be priced so inexpensively. Research, research, research instead of spouting off. The information you want is out there. After you've done all that, *then* react - you won't be able to tell us this isn't a love letter.

What turns me off is it's an arcade style shooter with the Wing Commander logo on it. That doesn't make the game automatically good.

That Arena is an arcade game doesn't make it automatically bad. It's not good because it's Wing Commander, but cleary, if you study the development of the game, being Wing Commander is one of the reasons it's good. It's rare to see such care and attention given to a franchise.

The whole concept of "arcade shooter" is very vague, since it's not unusual or wrong to qualify most Wing Commander games that way. The original title hardly is a 3D space combat simulator in any realistic sense.

This is silly becasue most of the negative comments complain that Arena is not the game that it doesn't claim to be.

Alright,

It seems by us just arguing it will get us no where (I am talking about me and the rest of the people on here.) My original intention was not to argue with anyone. However to explain myself the only thing I can do is tell a story in an illustrative way. It may not make sense to some of you, but what I feel I can express better in a story type form.

I was sitting in my bathroom just having my mind wonder. Just thinking of old games I used to play, and how the good old days where with certain types of games. How much hard work some game makers put into these games, even with graphics such as old as them.

Then I said to myself, "Hmm Wing Commander Prophecy was pretty good. Not the best but it was." I said to myself wow, holy mac role that game came out in 1997! That was TEN years ago. I just sat there bewildered. TEN YEARS. I am 23 now would of made me 13 back then!!!. I just could not help and sat there in amazement how young I was when I was playing that game. I was such a fool to never just appreciate the craftsmanship that went into these games. Now that I am older, Married and I see new games coming out I just bow my head and think, "What happened to the good ole' days?" Then I remembered when I first picked up Wing Commander 1. interesting story.

My mother and I were in Price Club (I BELIEVE it was price club before it became Sam's Club. I saw this pack of games, I believe they were slightly "modern" for the time, I was young. They were ALL stupid except for one game that caught my eye "Wing Commander." This CD was the cd that CAME with Secret Missions 1 and 2 already on it, in the pack. When I find later down the road, that this CD was a rarer type find. (I still have it!).

I played the game, I was like "what the heck is this??" I went in the simulation and was like cheesy! But then I said wait a minute, let me try more. I played a mission and was like OH, you can fire missles and lock on? Oh and you have shields, and armor and wow this is great, and I can use my joystick??? So I started playing each mission, talking to the people for the cutscenes and just went crazy. I never gave up a mission, I saved before each mission and played it until it was PERFECT and I could get nearly EVERY kill in the mission. But the end of the game I was Lt. Col, I had some many kills. When I played that game I was like "WOW." I just couldn't get over how fun that game was when playing it. Then I said let me try these secret missions out. I was like blown away. The missions were so hard I could not even get past the second one. As I got older I started to appreciate what went into these games. Then I went right from Wing Commander 1 to Wing Commander IV ~~~. After Wing Commander 1 I started getting obssed with Command & Conquer but that's another story ~~~.

Forget it when I installed this game, and heard all the cool sounds and the interactive movie I was like WOW. "Ain't My business." -- "This guys pissing me off!" which to choose! Then seeing you get to select your load out and pick what ship you want to fly and the interactive movie I just couldn't help but by dumbfounded by this game. I could just tell that extreme work went into each of these missions, with such an innovative and interactive storyline. Then all the differnt gun loadouts, The Dragon ships the cloaking abilities. I was going crazy with these missions. The cool mission where you have use the cloaking device to not get detected by the radar too quickly and then Vagabond is on the station and dies. Just such a great mission. I never knew why Blair liked Vagabond.

Then I finally played Wing Commander III. It all became clear, Vagabonds storyline, and Maniac's attitude. Then I played WIng Commander 2 ~~~ I Know it's in a weird order.

I just hope that this slight story helps a little to explain myself. I just hope when Arena comes out, it does have the effect the other Wing COmmanders usedto have.

Sir,

I am also a bit dubious about where the franchise may or may not go post-Arena, but the amount of people whose jaws drop when I describe it to them must mean that EA are on to something with it. Just last week I told someone in the pub about it and his response was "f**king hell, I'm getting my 360 out again!" It could revitalise Wing Commander, and that's a good thing for all, is it not?

KvK

Sir,

I am also a bit dubious about where the franchise may or may not go post-Arena, but the amount of people whose jaws drop when I describe it to them must mean that EA are on to something with it. Just last week I told someone in the pub about it and his response was "f**king hell, I'm getting my 360 out again!" It could revitalise Wing Commander, and that's a good thing for all, is it not?

KvK

I agree, I'd love to see a WC VI after this one... :D

It seems by us just arguing it will get us no where (I am talking about me and the rest of the people on here.) My original intention was not to argue with anyone. However to explain myself the only thing I can do is tell a story in an illustrative way. It may not make sense to some of you, but what I feel I can express better in a story type form.

But don't you see the fundamental flaw here? You loved the original games so much that... you don't want to be excited about a new one and you don't want other people to feel the same way? There's an absolute disconnect there. I know this is the cynical 21st century, but let yourself be *happy*. Get excited when you see old ships appearing again, or when you learn about new weapons or when you see a cool bit of continuity added to the universe. It's what the kid who was so excited about playing with a cloaking device ten years ago would have wanted.

I agree, I'd love to see a WC VI after this one... :D

Everyone would love to see a big classic WC game too, which is why someone now being dubious about post-Arena games seems extremely strange to me. Everyone sees that we're a million times closer to getting something like that now that Arena exists, right? If you're dubious now, what were you for ten years when there were no new WC games?

Everyone would love to see a big classic WC game too, which is why someone now being dubious about post-Arena games seems extremely strange to me. Everyone sees that we're a million times closer to getting something like that now that Arena exists, right? If you're dubious now, what were you for ten years when there were no new WC games?

In a coma? :D

I don't have an Xbox, so I don't think I will be playing Arena any time soon... So, I'm really hoping for Arena to kickstart WC into a new golden age :D

you got that right!
It'd be good to see a WC that properly makes sense to me first time round (the best part was shooting down buhrak starkiller at the age of 3) good days

As a little side issue here, considering that arena is part of live arcade, will there actually be very many (16 people) or different games going on at the same time so we can have an all out "riot"?

thanks

As a little side issue here, considering that arena is part of live arcade, will there actually be very many (16 people) or different games going on at the same time so we can have an all out "riot"?
Of the 10 million or so people with 360s, at least 6 million have either a gold or silver live acount and can potentially buy arena. Arena will be the biggest live arcade games to date and the only one with 16 player combat. Of those 6 million, 3 million have gold accounts that can play online, so potentially there could be thousands of players online at any given time...

I can't wait

Of the 10 million or so people with 360s, at least 6 million have either a gold or silver live acount and can potentially buy arena. Arena will be the biggest live arcade games to date and the only one with 16 player combat. Of those 6 million, 3 million have gold accounts that can play online, so potentially there could be thousands of players online at any given time...

I can't wait

And I'm pretty sure you can count on 99.999% of us here who have 360s to be playing it quite a bit.

You won't be alone.

I think it'd actually be kind of cool if you played so much and the community was just the right size that you regularly recognized a handful of players each time that you went online. It's more likely that there'll be so many people playing that you'll meet new players constantly, though we can certainly organize group events here.

Back