cloaking

Originally posted by Fenris
Again, does anyone have the explanation as to why cloaking doesn't work against the bugs? I do not have that in the WCP Gold manual, and would like to know.

They probably had sensors that can detect objects even tho light has been "bent" around it. Cloaking involves bending of light and they might have the ability to see byond the visible light wavelength, thus making sensors on their craft capable of seeing cloaked ships. Just a guess! :)

RFBurns

IN WCIV we can see cloaked ships, or atleast their outlines and all excals have cloakers, it is an integral part of the design.

The ICIS manual (included in the gold manual, people...) doesn't explain *why*, it just tells you that the bugs can shoot down the recon Excaliburs (six of them) despite their cloaks.

And no, the cloaking device is *not* a regular feature on the Excalibur -- the variant that hit Kilrah in WC3 mounted it, as does the RF-103... but the F-103C and F-103D (WCIV and SO) don't.

The only time you can see the outlines of cloaked ships in WCIV is when you're flying a Lance.

How do we know that the Excaliburs which did recon in Kilrah carried a cloaking device? (I have to admit that I am too lazy to search for my WCP manual).

Aaargh. You were too fast again Loaf. I just finished reading my WCP manual where Major Washington reports that he decided "to move in cloaked". So laziness is punished again :).
And I think the point that because cloaking is useless against the bugs it is not around in WCP is invalid. After all Confed could not know that someone would appear against whom their cloaking does not work. But I am not sure if anybody made this point so please dismiss my post if it is unnecassary.

Back