Classic Wing Commander

WildWeasel

Spaceman
Has anyone been able to find any of the "classic" Wing Commander games (Academy, Armada, Privateer) lately? How about The Price of Freedom?

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

[This message has been edited by WildWeasel (edited October 20, 2000).]

What? Just Academy, Armada, Privateer, and WC4, or all the games (which can be called classic, as well).

Well, if it's the latter, I just got an original WC1 yesterday for a buck. I'm not expecting it to work, but it's a cool collector's item. I also just saw Privateer the other day at the same store, a really old copy at that, too.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Where might I find such a store?

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

[This message has been edited by WildWeasel (edited October 20, 2000).]

I've gotten lots of good deals on Wing Commander games at my local Electronics Botique. e.g. Two shrinkwrapped copies of Priv Gold EA Classic for $4 each and a copy of Armada EA Classic for $1.87. Check bargin bins, the bargin section at your local game stores, and the used section - shrinkwrapped or near-mint games sometimes end up there after being bought as gifts or otherwise being un-returnable.

Or check the "where to buy" section here at the CIC.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

If you can't find them in a store you could have a chance of getting them for comparable prices on ebay.
bandit.gif

Why would an original WC1 not work??? I still have my good ol' copy on 5.25 disks that works quite well.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I know I no longer have a machine with a 5 1/4 drive. Maybe it is the same problem. Or it may just be his current hardware is too fast.

[This message has been edited by Shane (edited July 05, 2000).]

A 5.25 disk drive can be picked up easily for a couple of bucks.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Back