Cis

Bob McDob

Better Health Through Less Flavor
Despite the fact I was on some sort of sugar high at the time, my "Great LOAF" post had a serious point.

Which was...erm...oh yeah! I was wondering if anybody had info on the Confed Intel Service (CIS if I recall), the 27th century Confees in Privateer 2.

Any chance somebody could help me? Anything'd be appreciated.

If I remember right, those were the guys that shot at me all the tine............or was that the police.........or is thhere a difference?

What exactly do you want to know? WHat they eat for breakfast? What the regulation oxygen to nitrogen ratio is on their ships? WHAT?!

Supdon, it's kinda like a (stupid) girl in my TAFE classes who keeps asking me "Can I ask you a question?" :p
... like those plebs on IRC, who just ask "Can somebody please help me?".

:D

Zor, that depends on what country you're living in :)

I was wondering if anybody had info on the Confed Intel Service (CIS if I recall), the 27th century Confees in Privateer 2.

CIS stands for "Central Intelligence Services". The Official Guide describes it as a "military/police force charged with maintaining order in the Tri-System, both on- and off-planet". Its "business headquarters" are located on Hades, though "most high-ranking CIS officials" live elsewhere. It suffers from "a shrinking budget" and is thought to have ties to the Kindred.

I don't have Privateer 2, but I'm thinking about writing a Fic involving the Tri-System...
So are there any online sources available with detailed info about Priv.2 and the Tri-Sys? A manual in .doc or .pdf format would be ideal... Anyone?

Swing!

NAME: Central Intelligence Service
OWNER: Funded by the Interplanetary Government
EMPLOYEES: 375,000
BUSINESS: Law Enforcement
BACKGROUND: The Tri-System's law enforcement agency is overworked, under funded and apparently fighting a losing battle against the organised crime syndicate, The Kindred. Headed by the dynamic Shiela Nabokov, the CIS have a reputation for dedication and integrity that is legendary throughout the Tri-System, however, due to their almost impossible task, some of their recent covert operations have brought calls for enquiries from the political left. As yet, rumours that some CIS operatives working undercover have actually been seduced by the trappings of the Kindred have still to be proven true. Their resources numbver over 75,000 full-time field agents, 300,000 investigative and administrative personnel, and a force of over 10,000 battle craft.

liam_bat. If you can find it or order it online get the Privateer two game book. that gives you a heck of a lot of bkgd info into the tri-sys universe. That may help ya. The article with all of the privateer 2 news info things would probalby help also. It's under the articles section of www.wcnews.com

breathe breathe breathe

LOL oh yeah, those bad bad bad Americans.
If it wasn't for them at least we wouldn't have been hooked on WC. Imagine all the creative things we could have done, the poetry we could have written, the girls we could have...
Ok, forget it: long live America!
And how good is the rest?
Australia: a British poenal colony.
Africa: Action Includes Deadly Sex.
Asia: whoever had the bright idea of forcing open the ports for trade?
Europe: of course! And initiating not just one, but two world wars.

All together: Operation CleanSweep???
We're a helluva long way from Confed here, boys.

PS no smartasses, I didn't forget about the Arctic.. it leaves me stone cold.

CONFED RULES
and lucky for us we're all confed

Originally posted by Stormbird
LOL oh yeah, those bad bad bad Americans.
If it wasn't for them at least we wouldn't have been hooked on WC.
Europe: of course! And initiating not just one, but two world wars.

All together: Operation CleanSweep???

...And we Americans had to go in and clean up their mess. Sheesh...

great. wonderful. now that we got all that straightened out, let's stop bickering about people coming from here or there and discuss more important things which are less liable to start another world war. LOL

I heard this great thing about cows being the reason for the hole in our ozon layer: mass production of methane. So who'll join in some fancy cowhunting à la William F Cody?

Back