Christmas lights are still up

Mine are still up. But I'm sitting in barracks in South Korea, so for some reason, it makes this place seem a little more homey.

35 days left till I go on leave!!!!

hehe i put mine up three days before christmas and took them down the day after. its like that if you live in an apartment complex. but yes it does seem like they skip some holidays.

I always feel likes it's Christmas when we put the Decroations up, that and Hearing Christmas Songs in Shops (but when you work in a Shop and have to listen to the songs everyday that you work, normally from the middle of November, it gets boring)

oh i feel sorry for you, driving around with my sister in december is torture christmas songs all day. it would be nice if it was different songs but its the same song done by different groups.

Starwolf84 said:
oh i feel sorry for you, driving around with my sister in december is torture christmas songs all day. it would be nice if it was different songs but its the same song done by different groups.

Personally, I think that part of the explanation for the higher suicide rate during the winter holiday season is people running out of ideas on how to get away from the same 12 damn songs every-fucking-where they go.

(Day after Thanksgiving, every gh0ddamned song work played was Christmas music. It's a good thing I didn't have immediate access to a small tactical nuke, or else that store would've been toast.)

Death said:
It's a good thing I didn't have immediate access to a small tactical nuke

You don't? Well that changes things a bit now, doesn't it?

You're going down, Death!

i don't mind christmas songs but when you hear silent night sung by nsync than 10 min later hear it sung by bacstreet boys that just ruins it for me. now if the songs were sung my metalica or some other rock band that would be different. i wouldn't mind hearing that all day

TC said:
You don't? Well that changes things a bit now, doesn't it?

You're going down, Death!

Notice the past tense form of the verb.

Just that no one's pissed me off sufficiently for me to use it. Even with the Russian "Yardsale at the End of History", those things aren't cheap.

At Work during Christmas, it gets to a point when you pretty much no the Playlist off by heart :D

Starwolf84 said:
i don't mind christmas songs but when you hear silent night sung by nsync than 10 min later hear it sung by bacstreet boys that just ruins it for me. now if the songs were sung my metalica or some other rock band that would be different. i wouldn't mind hearing that all day

Metallica hasn't been a rock band for about 10 years, but I know what you mean.

Don't know much at all about Metallica but I do know that one of the guitarist (sorry, have no idea who) does just a plain awesome job with the Transiberian Orchestra....I was just blown away. I don't care for hard rock so I don't really like Metallica but on those classical pieces the electric guitar sounds unbelievable.

Back