Chris Roberts talks about his dream game in 1995

I won't say anything more on this. I don't want things to get too heated. Just please find me accurate neutron gun stats for WC3! ;)

I won't say anything more on this. I don't want things to get too heated. Just please find me accurate neutron gun stats for WC3! ;)

You are totally safe criticizing Star Citizen here... but I can tell you nobody wants it finished more than the people making it :)

Lemme dig up the neutron gun stat... I think they’re printed in the Playstation version of the manual...

I have never quite understood why people don't follow this one... the incentive to finish the game is /money/. At present, Star Citizen doesn't turn a profit because it uses money it takes in to fund development. There's no benefit for investors, owners, etc. until the game comes out... which is part of why it's kind of impressive that Chris is focused on his vision instead of deciding the game is done and collecting a big check.
ehhhh maybe, I watch gameplay clips from youtubers here and there, if chris said that is it, and he was done and released it, the game would be unplayable for a lot of people. I do have one co worker who plays the game here and there every time there is a massive update, I asked him what he thought and he called it "a cool tech demo for a future project."

I truly hope it turns out to be a masterpiece but at this point any consumer of star citizen that wants to complain, has plenty of valid reasons to do so. we have come so far from the original kickstarter pitch that it is not even remotely the same game. At my age I have next to no interest in multiplayer games at all. I have pretty much regressed to only playing adventure games and rpgs, if I ever get around to building a new pc, id only be interested in the single player.

You are totally safe criticizing Star Citizen here... but I can tell you nobody wants it finished more than the people making it :)

I got in to Wing Commander and the CIC because of your enthusiasm over the years at CIG. Thanks for your work getting Star Citizen off the ground in the first place!

Here's to the day we can load up Squadron 42 and play a brand new Roberts masterpiece - then EA announce they have contracted CR to use the engine for a Wing Commander 1 remake !!!

They're using Amazon's Lumberyard so I highly doubt that would ever happen.

EA did pretty well with Star Wars: Squadrons. They could remake Wing Commander if they wanted to, they just don't want to sadly. I wish they'd sell off the IP (and a host of other classic IPs) to someone who cares.

I'll stay quiet about StarCitizen because my opinions of how that project has been run are probably a dead horse and not productive. I do share the general opinion of hoping it will one day be a success.

They're using Amazon's Lumberyard so I highly doubt that would ever happen.

EA did pretty well with Star Wars: Squadrons. They could remake Wing Commander if they wanted to, they just don't want to sadly. I wish they'd sell off the IP (and a host of other classic IPs) to someone who cares.

I'll stay quiet about StarCitizen because my opinions of how that project has been run are probably a dead horse and not productive. I do share the general opinion of hoping it will one day be a success.
The gameplay was pretty great for squadrons, although I thought the difficulty curve was a little over-the-top notm very good balancing as far as the difficulty spikes went, and the story was very very weak. but it was a great base for starting something new in the star wars universe. For the record I did actually try the multiplayer and thought once again multiplayer is just not for me nowadays. nobody ever talked, there was no cooperation... it just was not fun to me.

Back