Chris Roberts leavs DA ! ! !

*climbs out of his coffin..*

long time since i last posted..

and why is MS doing something that make them look dumb and dumber?(at least they should wait till FreeLancer is out first!!)

and OSI is nothing to me if not for CR and his WC.

ok..time to go back to my coffin...

Wing Commander (and Freelancer, obviously) is not a one man show. It takes a talented team to develop a good game...

One of the reasons why MS might cancell FL is that it lost a hell of a lot of it's hype. It was supposed to be revolutionary, but after so much waiting many people gave up on the game already. And after being delayed for so long, and suposedly still almost a year away, FL is not looking so hot anymore.

Plus, MS can't slap the "from Chris Roberts, creator of the WC series" on the box anymore.:) I just wonder why Erin left. Was he fired too, or just didn't feel like working there anymore without Chris?

Hey, I'd quit too if they fired my husband. :)
So the official line is that MS will release FL, but it sounds like it'll be scaled down (anyone want to bet that the MMP add-on, scheduled 6 months after the main game, would be the first to go?)

So, Kris, are you sugesting that you have a husband?:)

Yeah, that's for sure. There will be some MP, perhaps it'll even allow over a hundred players like Tachyon, but the MMP addon seems very unlikely.

[Edited by Earthworm on 12-04-2000 at 20:20]

And the lesson in all this is... you can't sign a pact with the Devil and expect to keep your soul.

Ah, I believe Chris says Erin is staying with DA. But of course you probably realise that by now.

Originally posted by Silent Warrior
What?? Too many movies in WC4? Oy! I can agree on the 'walking around the big ship saluting everyone'-clips being excessive, but otherwise... Wow.

WC3 cost a few million to make, with its CGI background/settings and simplistic plot, and made a pretty healthy return on its investment.

WC4 cost about $12 million to make, due a lot to using real physical sets, having a big star-laden cast, professional scriptwriters making a long-ish script and lots of filming for the various scenes (including the different plot paths, making for about 6 hours of video total), and while it did make a profit it wasn't by all that much of a margin.

Origin/EA is a corporation. They may make games we like, but that's only a means to the ends they seek, mainly making a lot of money. You don't make a lot of money by continuing to finance projects that barely show a profit. Ugly fact of life, perhaps, but it is still a fact. Life sucks. Deal

Back