Cargo Pricing done

Well, stuff sometimes showed up randomly. Not a lot, but there were the odd bits here and there. AND if you sold them something, left and came back before launching, you could buy it back at the price you sold it.

As an example:
At wickerton Refinery, I do have figures I'm citing from,

Uranium
Plutonium
home appliances and entertainment
Medical Equipment
Comms Gear
Factory Equip
RObots of both types
gems
holo gear
computers
space salvage
tungsten
iron
weaponry

These are all items that are there and are NOT there. Most notably are uranium, plutonium, iron, tungsten and gems.

These items are produced by mining operations. Yet they would show up for sale. Seldom in any sizable quantities, (7, 10, 3, 15 etc. . .), but they did show up about 30% of the time in roughly 10% sized quantities and always at the higher price. i.e. Tungsten 133 Iron 64. AND, how does a refinery MAKE space salvage?

I think my biggest gripe about the pricing scheme is that I can nolonger sell Plutonium and Uranium to the Ag. Planets. It was one of the big money makers in the original game. Especially early on. Once you had enough cash to fill the hold with Uranium and Plutonium a couple of times you had enough to get a decently outfitted ship. Now that that option is gone, you scramble.

Wendy said:
I think my biggest gripe about the pricing scheme is that I can nolonger sell Plutonium and Uranium to the Ag. Planets. It was one of the big money makers in the original game.
Not according to this chart. To be sure, I just fired up the original and I can confirm that it is correct. No selling of radioactive materials on Ag Worlds.

And while I was at it, I found out why we have no sprite for construction equipment.. in the original it used the same sprite as mining equipment. Weird. That's an easy fix then :D

MamiyaOtaru said:
Not according to this chart. To be sure, I just fired up the original and I can confirm that it is correct. No selling of radioactive materials on Ag Worlds.

And while I was at it, I found out why we have no sprite for construction equipment.. in the original it used the same sprite as mining equipment. Weird. That's an easy fix then :D

Hrm, so why do I have sales of that stuff in MY game?
I swear to you, I DID NOT fudge my numbers. i'm running from my CD, not from a patched game

I was running it from the disk version, unpatched. Just fired up the CD version (also unpatched) and got the same result. I visited an ag world with plutonium and tungsten, went to the commodities exchange and clicked sell. It let me sell the tungsten, then told me "nothing to sell."

HUH!
I wonder why mine is so different?
No argument.
Just puzzled. Got somewhere I can send my tre file? And vice-versa?
I'd love to see what else is different.

While we're on the subject of different, look at the image. Pay CLOSE attention to the dialogue in the upper left, the image bracketed in my targeting lock, AND the lower right for target selected. ODD.

Attachments

• Load-failed.jpg
    Load-failed.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 118
To go with the previous image, look at THIS!

Note the bottom of the screen. I've been playing for over an hour. Sounds loading, images, all sorts of places, you name it. Those files should be a LOT larger than that.

Attachments

• FileSize.jpg
    FileSize.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 117
MamiyaOtaru said:
I was running it from the disk version, unpatched. Just fired up the CD version (also unpatched) and got the same result. I visited an ag world with plutonium and tungsten, went to the commodities exchange and clicked sell. It let me sell the tungsten, then told me "nothing to sell."
Although I can no longer run the original Privateer, I definitely recall that you could not sell Uranium and Plutonium at an Ag planet. In fact, the manula makes specific mention that it is a bad idea to try.

That stuff is hot at a Refinery.

Wendy said:

Y'know, thinkin' 'bout it, it was ALL dralthi, not just the one, but also on a mission to clean sweep Oxford but every one I ran into was like that. Now for the good part, you can't kill them, they don't hurt you, and you can't tractor them. They remain and keep you from fulfilling the missions, though.

Never toyed with them in my units.csv either. When I look at the files the files are all there, but maybe it's Dralthi and dralthi? I could change my files or copy them and use the Dralthi in place of all the image files. You tell me what to do. I'll try it. Look at your code, I often do an update when I think about it. You see, my sleep patterns are so screwed up I don't know if I woke up on the same day or not. I have to look at my computer calendar to be sure.

But it seems to me, one moment they were there and the next they weren't. Old age creeping up, I guess.

I'm running a case sensitive grep on the word Dralthi. I'll let you know what it turns up

Grep results in TWO directories.

Old and New.

It's easier this way. I'm attaching a composite screen save crop of my Grep. That way you can see exactly WHICH files and where they are.

Attachments

• Grep.jpg
    Grep.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 103
if you had the stderr.txt and stdout.txt from the phantom dralthis we could tell why they didn't load...

also units.csv should load in excel and have dralthi and dralthi.blank in the key
and none of the <<<<<<<<<<<<< should be in units.csv

Back