Capturing screenshots

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
How do you capture a shot from the game and save it? Does the print scr button have anything to do with it? There's a lot of shots from Privateer I'd like to use for my desktop. So how do I do it?

If you run it from DosBox, select the game window and press ALT+PrnScr (in window mode), but in real Dos mode I have no idea. Maybe some program with a .com.

I'm just running it from the Windows in Dos Prompt using that MyJemm program. So I'll have to try that and see if it works. Where does the picture go after that usually?

Using MyJemm, the printscreen function is that of Windows, which will save the image (only one) to clipboard, after which point you'll have to paste it into a graphics program to display the screenie.

There are third-party screenshot programs out there that aren't as limited, including a free program called Multigrab, which intercepts the standart Windows printscreen commands and saves them as files in a folder of your chosing in either .bmp or .jpg format, allowing up to 1K shots (max 10/sec) before the file names roll over (older files with the same name as the post-rollover ones get overwritten).

Another option is Hypersnap DX, but only the trial version is free, and even that tags your images with "created by Hypersnap DX" or something along those lines.

Hell, if nothing else, just search Tucows for screengrab programs, you'll find a metric butt-tonne of them.

Death said:
There are third-party screenshot programs out there that aren't as limited, including a free program called Multigrab, which intercepts the standart Windows printscreen commands and saves them as files in a folder of your chosing in either .bmp or .jpg format, allowing up to 1K shots (max 10/sec) before the file names roll over (older files with the same name as the post-rollover ones get overwritten).

Thank you for that information and link, it answers a question I had with one of the projects I'm working on :)

Back