Can I Shoot Down That Guy In The Ep3 Losing Path?

Falcon988

Commodore
Edit by Eder: *Spoiler Warning* :p

Well? Can I? He's a slippery little devil ;) . I actually managed to land a few hits but he ran off quick after that and next I saw he miraculously was a few thousand klicks away. I've been trying to memorize his decloaking positions in hopes of landing a good burst or two to destroy the bugger.

There's a stealth fighter? Which mission? Lately, I've been playing around on the one with the Fralthi and the Ralatha. Am I on the right (losing) path?

AFAIK the stealth fighter is deliberately placed far enough off that you can not catch it--it's part of the mission script that you have to take the Drake and follow its trail.

Yeah, it's impossible to kill the stealth fighter. The ship is actually invulnerable - although the mission is set up in such a way that its invulnerability doesn't actually matter, since you never really have time to shoot it.

(though I suppose if you manage to hit it with a DF, it would die if it wasn't invulnerable)

Also, his decloaking positions are different every time - so good luck memorising them ;).

Much, much more than that. Obviously, it's not a true cloak... but the ship does cycle smoothly in and out of view, rather than just disappearing and reappearing.

Yeah, it's impossible to kill the stealth fighter. The ship is actually invulnerable - although the mission is set up in such a way that its invulnerability doesn't actually matter, since you never really have time to shoot it.

(though I suppose if you manage to hit it with a DF, it would die if it wasn't invulnerable)

Also, his decloaking positions are different every time - so good luck memorising them ;).

Yep I actually hit him with a dumbfire once and it only took out the armor. the actual ship wasnt damaged

Back