Can anyone help a newbie out here?

yllib

Spaceman
Ok this might sound a little silly to ask but I havent been keeping up to date with Wing Commander since I bought WC Prophecy years ago.

I heard that there is a DVD version of WC4. I must assume this is pretty much the same game, except the movie clips are in DVD quality now. Is that correct?

I tried looking around the net for this game, but all I got on my searches were links to buy the Wing Commander Movie :confused:

Could anyone tell me more about the DVD version and were to buy it?

Thanks!!

Apparenlty there are two DVD versions of WC IV, one is as you assume the same game with the Vid Clips improved and the other the same game, but on one DVD instead of 6 CDs.

LOAF, can you help further?

WC4 DVD was bundled with the Creative Labs Encore 2X and 5X kits and never sold seperately. Discs appear on ebay all the time. Until recently you needed the DxR MPEG-2 decoder board included in the Encore set to actually play the game (the video files are plain MPEG-2 and can be played on any hardware or software DVD decoder), but Gulikoza came up with a software solution that seems to work for most people.

Back