C&C3 Demo Released!

BrynS

Mr Kat says...
EDIT: That should be "C&C3 Demo Released!" for the subject line. :eek:

The demo includes one tutorial mission, two single-player missions featuring live action video sequences, one skirmish map with three different difficulty settings, and one trailer featuring Tricia Helfer, Grace Park, Michael Ironside.

Download Links (1.2GB):

3D Downloads
3DGamers
4players.de
EA-FTP
FileShack
GamersHell

Torrent

I haven't played it yet and don't think my laptop's integrated graphics will be up to the task, but have heard some initial, positive buzz on another forum already.

Cheers,

Bryn

I played the demo and I loved it, I can't wait for the full game. But did anyone else think it was kinda weird that Fileplanet was offering to reserve the demo for the past few weeks? Its not like they can run out of copies or anything.

Its not like they can run out of copies or anything.

Probably wanted to grab as much users to download the demo as they can :p. Quite weird of them to do that.

This games success has a lot of importance for the future of the next big WC game I believe... FMV sequences with professional actors (some of which are relatively well known) in a video game are few and far between. Most seem to just rely on CGI with voiceovers.
I'm hoping it's a big success.

It felt like Command and Conquer, just faster... Yeah and Michael Ironside rules.

My suggestion, if you like C&C try the demo NOW.

I played the demo and I loved it, I can't wait for the full game. But did anyone else think it was kinda weird that Fileplanet was offering to reserve the demo for the past few weeks? Its not like they can run out of copies or anything.

It's a huge download and many servers have been overwhelmed with the load. I believe what you're reserving are slots with a high bandwidth allowance.

I have been hearing many positive impressions about the demo. The FMV parts are supposed to be high quality and the gameplay seems solid.

I wasn't expecting much from this game, but I was absolutely floored after booting a skirmish mission.

The game is ridiculously gorgeous. The applied some kind of filter that makes it look like a movie or something. Seriously, the game is completely awesome on a GF7800GS.

With the little time of gameplay I've got, I can say that it's indeed C&C to the core.

There is a neat trick for playing the skirmishes with NOD. Just press "N" after you click on it.

Oh, and the special edition will include the FMV bloopers... alà WC3.

I'm suprised that it actually works smoothly on my *piece-of-junk* pc ;) at 1280x1024 , though at low detail (my configuration: Celleron 2GHz 512RAM, Radeon9000). I was sure that hardware upgrade will be necesarry before I'll be able to play it.

btw I already love this game. Let the Mammoths roll ! :D

I'm suprised that it actually works smoothly on my *piece-of-junk* pc ;) at 1280x1024 , though at low detail (my configuration: Celleron 2GHz 512RAM, Radeon9000). I was sure that hardware upgrade will be necesarry before I'll be able to play it.

btw I already love this game. Let the Mammoths roll ! :D
But why run at such a high res? you could take it down to 1024 and crank up some of the effects.

But why run at such a high res? you could take it down to 1024 and crank up some of the effects.
Yes, I'm running it at 1024x768 with better fx. I just wanted to share my experience, that game can still work fine on older hardware ;) . On the other hand I believe it probably looks much better in full detail and that I unfortunatelly cannnot afford. That's one thing I like about all the games from EA I have. You don't need a high-end computer to play them, but still if you have one you can tune up gfx to maximum.

Wow, awesome. I hope my DSL service is up to the task (service can be crappy at times but it does get good speeds on most servers)

An excellent game. I've just now put down a pre-order at my local EB - and I cannot wait.

Is anybody else having audio sync issues with the GDI Prolouge FMV's?
The intro plays fine however with the briefings, although the video moves without stuttering, the audio lags 1-7 seconds behind.

I have an AMD 2400+ 2GHZ, 128mb RAEDEON 9250 with 1GB of RAM - the game runs fine (though a tad slow when there's like 100 units traversing the field) on 800x600 with all details up full, and okay on 1024x768 with medium effects. It's strange because like I said before the intro works fine...

I get the same desync effect . I thought it might be the codec, so I downloaded actual versions of audio and video codecs but it didn't help. So now I have no idea what may cause this :( . Rest of the game game works fine.

Back