Buying Wing Commander Novels

Zelvik

Rear Admiral
Out of some enthusiasm to read some of the more interesting sounding WC novels (action stations in particular) I did a search on the net today. First I though hell its a bargain (important for a always money stripped student like me), but then I saw the shipping costs (5 times what the book costs). Not wanting to read the German translation (I hate German translated SF), I could not find any European sellers (neither E-Bay nor Amazon nor anything google brought up). So my humble question, is there somebody out there in good ol Europe who knows where to find Action Stations with a reasonable shipping cost, or an E-Book version?

Somewhere on the CIC I believe there is an online copy of End Run. As for the other ones, hopefully some of our European friends can help you.

Hehe, yes I have read that book some time ago. Actualy that is what made me consider buying the others.

WC Books

For me, once I read Freedom Flight, i was hooked. I did whatever I could to collect the other books in the set. Is there a book on Prophecy?

Freedom Flight
End Run
Fleet Action
Heart of the Tiger
The Price of Freedom
Action Stations

The last book to be published by Baen was False Colors which I see missing from your list. The Pilgram books were published after the movie and concentrate on events around those times.

There is no book covering prophecy/SO

There is no book covering prophecy/SO

While there is no novelization about Prophecy, the strategy guide has some pretty entertaining bios on the characters from the game. I don't know how much thats worth to you to get - but I really enjoyed reading them.

Yeah, spaced that, thanx LeHah. Also of note should be the WC1/2 guide which is written in a novel format, which is really a fantastic read.

I'll check that out, so are there any other books out in the WC series? i can't find any others.
Now is there another seris that is similar that is also a great read and can be compared to WC?

I'll check that out, so are there any other books out in the WC series?

There is quite a few. You should check out the Where To Buy section of the CIC. You can find the link on the right side menu.

Now is there another seris that is similar that is also a great read and can be compared to WC?

You can probably get Peter Telep's Space: Above And Beyond novelization for dirt cheap. The first one is a novelization of the pilot episode and is pretty good. (I've heard the sequel is terrible - but since it's $30 or so online, I may never find out)

Zelvik, Abebooks.de has a pretty good network of international used-book sellers, who ship for a reasonable rate via ground mail. (it just takes a looong time). eBay Germany infrequently has the original WC novels, but keep a lookout.

I have some time ago ordered Freedom Filght twice, so if you throw a fiver into some charity's bin, then send me a PM and I mail it to you.

Back