Buying a Vehicle that was not good

Fight hell...my lawyer was in the DA's office less then a minute. He knew what he was going to get before he got to the courthouse.
The thing is I have to real driving record or priors for that matter so it made things easier for everyone. Most of my convictions are for stupid crap like a broken or blown lights. I don't speed (more then 5-7 mph over speed limit).
The UPM was dropped with an 18 month probation period. If I get caught with pot in next 18 months that charge comes back in full force. Not a prob since I don't smoke.

My brother got charged for doing something similar to what you did. Only he did it the old fashioned way. Piece of paper and a magic marker. He drew the inspection sticker... Drove around 6 months like that. He did a month in county and payed some fines. Charged him with "forgery of a state document."

Well maybe you should start, because society has made you a monster.

Look away! Look AWAY!!!

Yea it seems as tho....Even if pled down i'll get 30 days...I've never been jail...Can you bring magazines? Books? Anything to pass the time...other than twiddling my fingers, and talking...to myself :D ...I might add I'm also on Probation for an unrelated charge.... ... ... .. My life officially sux at least if I get jail I can come back in 30 days to working both jobs :) which doesn't seem like a bad thing.....

I've only skimmed over your previous posts, but if you don't have any serious prior offenses you're still really unlikely to do any jail time for something like that assuming your jails are as crowded as California's. In our local jails, even serious violent offenders are often in and out again on 'own recognizance' within 24 hours. If for some reason you actually do get locked up for a while, you can consider yourself lucky if you only have yourself to talk to, with the types of folks that make their home there. You don't bring anything with you inside, your clothes and any personal belongings are stored and returned to you upon release.

Community service, fines, loss of driving privileges, and extended or more restrictive probation are the more likely result.

I've only skimmed over your previous posts, but if you don't have any serious prior offenses you're still really unlikely to do any jail time for something like that assuming your jails are as crowded as California's. In our local jails, even serious violent offenders are often in and out again on 'own recognizance' within 24 hours. If for some reason you actually do get locked up for a while, you can consider yourself lucky if you only have yourself to talk to, with the types of folks that make their home there. You don't bring anything with you inside, your clothes and any personal belongings are stored and returned to you upon release.

Community service, fines, loss of driving privileges, and extended or more restrictive probation are the more likely result.

Yup. You get processed and strip searched...loads of fun. The fact that your on probation already won't help either. :( You can talk to your lawyer and insist on higher fines in exchange for no jail time. Try to keep your past crap out of it if possible. Your priors are always taken into account and most small town court judges can't stand reciticism...(repeat offenderes) or peep that get into trouble alot. But if you only got 30 days, and you don't lose your good time in New York (and most other states) you only serve 2/3'rds of your sentance...so 30days=20 days.
Or you can ask for weekends if you are employed. Weekends is just a thing were instead of doing the entire stretch at once you turn yourself in at like 5PM on Friday and they let you out at 5pm on Sunday. Only thing that sucks about that is that you never get out of classification. So you spend the entire time in lockdown. You get out to take a shower and use the phone ONCE a day.
They take everything from you when you go in....Newspapers are normally avalible and you can ask the other inmates or CO's for books and magazines. If you smoke your screwed; it's not allowed in county. All you'll watch is MTV/BET since it's "majority rules" in jail in most of the punks and wanna begansters watch nothing but that stuff.
You'll have lots of people to talk to...or the'll just talk. What you/they did. How much time, chicks they did...macho crap. They'll try to gets names...people you may know in common. Usual stuff. It's boreing as hell....you might be able to play cards. Seen perverts tormented...one good thing about jail. They're held in even lower regaurd then muderers.
Sleep, reading (donated romance novels seemed very prevolent), and MTV pass the time.
Classification is the most boreing thing in the world and the hardest time. It's bassicaly solitary. You'll get a TB shot, looks like a blister and after a couple of days they'll say if your positive or not. In that time they'll decide if you'll go in a "bull pen" with a dozen or so other guys or you may get your own cwell depending on the facility. Bring money and put it in your comensary so you can buy deoderant, shampoo (they don't give you that stuff). They'll give you one of those plastic toats to put your stuff in, a blanket, pillow, pillow case, 2 sheets, a toothbrush, toothpast, bar of soap, and the rules book which you'll read cover to cover just to kill time.
Whatever you do DO NOT say you have ANY thoughts of suicide or that your depressed. If you do they'll strip you naked and give you a "gumby suit" and 2 matresses. The gumby suit is basically 2 exercise mats and your in the middle. You lay on the one matress and the secound is your blanket.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Well I finally retained a lawyer.....So that's a plus for the case but there's also something that my probation officer is going to do and that's hold a preliminary of some sort to say that I violated the terms or something, So I'm really not sure what's going to happen.....I can only think positive but everytime I think about it, it haunts my dreams may sound strange but it's really something I'm losing sleep over ya know it's something I keep thinking about because my original charge to land me in probation was a felony charge, for not following a court order or protection which may seem funny but it doesn't matter if the person came over to your place or whatever they can make you violate it and then kick it in your face and call the cops to get you arrested....I don't really have a prior record except your speeding tickets here n there but that's fairly normal.....I goto every apointment I have with the probation department and also I'm attending these classes at night once a week that is required by probation...I didn't know something as stupid as this could violate me what really sux is the charge is called "Posession of a forged instrument" which is also a felony charge only because it's a state document "Inspection Sticker" that we're talking about.....this is just terrible... I guess when your on probation and get violated you A either have to serve the time for the original charge "Criminal Contempt" for not following a court order.....or B they extend your probation and put on extras to your terms of probation, but there's no jury it's a "Proponderance of evidence" that in my case I was in possession of this sticker :(

Your situation seems to get progressively and retrospectively worse each time we hear about what's going on.

("... and it turns out the charge is even worse because at the time I was driving there was an entirely unrelated warrant out on me because I'd just escaped from Federal prison and was carrying around a bag of severed cop heads...")

No....No warrants or anything, I'm only 24 years old....Word to the wise never have verbal fights with your wife or girlfriend she holds more power than you do, all she has to do is say you did something....Also another word to the wise if something comes in place "a restraining order or anything like that." Move away somewhere far......like if you live in the south in state move up north in state.... because it doesn't matter if she comes to your place or not, you would be in violation not her.....this is something the state imposes NOT any type of victim granted I do believe there are certain cases in which these restraining order/orders of protection are good don't get me wrong but I never did anything wrong only argued verbally with my wife with most couples do...(Unless I'm the only one). And also don't buy vehicles for 500 bucks....I really thought this thing was inspectable and I didn't see that the sticker was fake. I actually told an investigator that a shop did it because he wouldn't believe that I bought it like that. Until it got put up on a lift and the mechanic said "Your front frame is rotted and can't inspect it" the body was fine on this, tires, were good, brakes were good....i would have never known and I brought it to 2 different places to get inspected so....I turned the plates in..cancelled the insurance and have been using the public transportation system (BUS) since this incident, working 2 jobs...and finding time to be with my family this is just terrible. I'm sure Bandit you don't believe me and that's fine.....I just wanted to see what people think in a community that I like, the WC Community and if anything like this has happened to anyone. I'm just hoping for the best and praying for the best.

No, I'm not attacking you or anything, I feel bad for you -- it's just a shame that this seems to be getting worse and worse for you.

Frame was rotted...front end....I'm guessing Plymoth Aclaim or similar model. The frame and body...make up the frame. Been there, bought it for $40 from a guy and the inspection was still good (yay). Drove that thing off the guys yard, spent a day replacing the cracked head. Only strange thing about the car (aside from the blown head) was any time I turned I could feel the tire moveing under my feet. Basically the only thing between me and the tire was the rug...driver and passenger. Aside from that the body and interior were like new. Then again it was an 1989 so Joe mechanic sold me a sticker. Great car for about a year, till I was going down I-90 and hit a bump...the car literally bent in half right before the front doors. What a drive home that was.

No way your telling the whole story. They don't tag you when a person who has the restaining order comes to your residence. In fact that normally nulls the order of protection. If you let that person in and then an arguement ensues...your screwed. If she/he showed up at a common friends home you should have gotten the hell out of there. You could be invited to you old ladys house and things turned bad and you can get violated.
Whoever called you into the cops must have really had it in for you because they have to press charges for the violation. Max you can get is 7 years for violation of an order IIRC. On top of that...if you assulted the person again during the violation add more time.
Like you said JR...stay the hell away.
Typically a judge will issue a protection order by default during most any assult case just to keep the two parties the hell away from each other till court date and the person can aither drop the order or keep it in place.

I know your not attacking me Bandit it's just something I'm going through, and it's cool I think your great and WC as a community is great and I thank you for caring. Interesting enough when the incident that got me into probation occured, she actually showed up at my house and she wanted me to bring her to her sisters house and I argued with her that I didn't want to bring her...this was about 2 years ago this thing happened....But at the time it was a stay away order..It is no longer a stay away order and things are fine in that area, I've had to do classes and stuff and relationship classes to help and I've found many things that I'd been doing wrong mainly just verbal arguments and always thinking when I was right even when I was wrong, and also many things that I've help her with in having a better relationship (Thinking she was always right when sometimes she was wrong), so everything is good in that department. And yes the car is an 91' Chrysler New Yorker...Notoriously known for cracked frames (At least I know now that they are and didn't before), and the like.....the mechanic when to get it inspected, also said that there's no rocker panels, and that there's a rear spring perch that was ready to give way on the car which I didn't even know from when I bought it. I'll post up pictures probably tomorrow because I have them at home, but you'll see that the you couldn't even tell that the vehicle was that bad. But that is the full story. Probation and all.. And yes it was pretty much because I let her in...(Being a nice person it was the winter time and it was cold out) Oh another thing to get the original order of protection issued we were on the highway and verbally arguing and I wouldn't let her out of the car because we were on the highway...Does that make sense? Even if arguing with someone your supposed to let them out on the highway? but anyways I thank you all for caring and I'll probably be taking a little break from the WC:CD project for awhile and I'll start up after all this cools down...If it does...and I'll let you guys know the outcome so I can start back up on the project.

Note: Also New State Law prohibits the petioner/victim from rescinding the order after the order is in place, do to the fact that the defendent may be coeercing the petitioner/victim to change the order.

Bows how a little thing like an inspection sticker and a fight with the old lady can snowball into... In the legal system the olny diference between a "criminal" and an "honest" person is money. Hire a good lawyaer, pay a shitload of fines and your as clean as a pope. You don't have money to pay...your crap.

Do you want to start a collection for legal assistance? I'm willing to offer $200 to help with legal fees. Live relitivly close so I can drop it off when in Albany working. Why? I've been there before. Stuck. People have helped me in the past. Pay it foreward :)

And I thought it was bad here in CA only having to pass a smog test every two years. A vehicle must be smog legal when it is sold as well, but it is the seller's responsibility, not the buyer's.

I'm surprised but glad we don't have some kind of general condition legal requirement here as well, yikes.

Im sure that will be next. This state scares me, What is it in frisco with the gun law now? you can only own one if you are law enforcment or a celebrity? Didnt they pass that?

The SF gun ban was actually overturned earlier this year by a state court (after NRA filed suite) on the grounds that it violates the state constitution. Hard to believe, but on rare occasion sanity can actually prevail here. Funny how no major media outlets felt it was a good idea to cover the decision.

Now if the bastards would only bump up the smog requirement cutoff date by four more years, I'll have it made.

By the way, haven't caught you a Macaroni Grill for awhile, where ya been?

The SF gun ban was actually overturned earlier this year by a state court (after NRA filed suite) on the grounds that it violates the state constitution. Hard to believe, but on rare occasion sanity can actually prevail here. Funny how no major media outlets felt it was a good idea to cover the decision.

Wouldn't that be a violation of the Federal (for lack of a better word) Constitution? Doesn't it protect the right to bear arms?

Back