BREAKING NEWS: Wing Commander I & II on GOG! (August 25, 2011)

I play now the same game for 20 year ! Good thing (and strange) we can change the sound. I hate to make setup on dos box .

I've heard some people complaining at GoG about the lack of the expansions. WC1 actually does include the first secret missions expansion. I posted at GoG, and I will repeat it here, that SM2, SO1, and SO2 are separate executables from the original games. They may still be tweaking them before they release them.

This is awsome now all we need is enough interest to get the old projects like Privateer online started back up!!! 2011 for WC for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got really excited when i read this so much so that im working my way through WC 1 right now, just a quick question I have only ever played this game on the amiga was the sound always not as good? as when I fire my guns sounds like a bell ringing or maybe something wrong with my install?

For all those experiencing this, it is because wing commander is set to use the mt-32 device which the default dosbox does not emulate and is using general midi instead. To fix this either run setup and set to Soundblaster or get a version of dosbox that has been patched with munt, and get the control and pcm roms.

Such versions include
Windows
Ykhwong's build
http://ykhwong.x-y.net/

Mac
My Patched version of Boxer 1.1.1

http://www.mediafire.com/?o8zkz8kr2nxlvw6

With ykhwong's build put the roms same folder as the dosbox.exe.
And boxer, put the roms in each .boxer wrapper with the game exe

you also have to set mididevice=mt32 in dosbox

I've heard some people complaining at GoG about the lack of the expansions. WC1 actually does include the first secret missions expansion. I posted at GoG, and I will repeat it here, that SM2, SO1, and SO2 are separate executables from the original games. They may still be tweaking them before they release them.

No it doesn't, try clicking on the SM1 button. ;) You will be greeted with an advertisement for SM1. An offical Gog representative, Galimatias stated that they are in the process of negotiating a deal with EA for releasing the expansions but is unlikely to happen soon.
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/new_release_wing_commander_1_2/page4

Hmm....how odd that its harder to get the expansion packs for WC and WC2 then the original games. Does this have something to do with the original agreements between EA and Origin back in the early 90s?

The CIC has been in contact with those at be to get the expansions out. So hopefully in the near future we might have some news to announce about them.

gog is very good about quick patches too.. so they'll likely have it in the downloadable .exe soon enough.

So So So happy to see this!

How does everyone set up their DosBox graphics settings? I have a big monitor and modern powerful machine. Trying to figure out which is the best compromise between resolution window size and graphics mode.

As am I just played through both games cant wait to see if we get the add ons its a great time to be a fan of WC and part of this great comunity

I have a problem in WC2 where if I click to fire while an enemy is in my crosshairs, it will continue to autofire until I run out of energy (instead of letting me time my shots with their movement). Sometimes it seems like I can stop it by clicking randomly, but I don't know if it's actually helping. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have a problem in WC2 where if I click to fire while an enemy is in my crosshairs, it will continue to autofire until I run out of energy (instead of letting me time my shots with their movement). Sometimes it seems like I can stop it by clicking randomly, but I don't know if it's actually helping. Does anyone else have this problem?
I did have this problem to sart with but it stopped after a while not sure why:confused:

Back