BREAKING NEWS: Updates from Paul Barnett's Twitter (September 28, 2010)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Bioware Mythic Creative Director Paul Barnett has updated his Twitter account with more information on the possible Wing Commander re-release. We will continue to update this post if there are further mentions of the project today:
8:15 AM: My plan is wing commander one , drm free and security bypassed. For FREE ( fingers crossed)

8:00 AM: Today we get data compare sign off for wing commander, dr Ray will be hearing the pitch, from there only legal can stop us!

--
Original update published on September 28, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
The first bit is good news, this is even better! things are definitely looking up in our world of wingcommander

There are no words. All I can say is

*squee!!!!!!!!!*

I kind of suspect there may be some... insider knowledge of what seems like a sudden push for WC1 online. I wonder if this "DRM Free, Windows Compatible" version of the game will end up being exactly what the CIC released during the birthday party! ;)

Still, I'm far more interested in HD remakes being released, either on the PC (GoG.com got a graphically revamped version of Raptor: Call of the Shadows this year) or a service like Xbox Live.

NuAngel

I agree.

Would be great to have something like the Monkey Island Special Editions for WC1 and WC2 with reworked HD graphics - but in the same style as in the original games.

This is good news indeed! I would love to see all the old Origin games again. Revamped with better graphics would be nice, but I'd settle for Win7 comparability and DRM free.

Great news. Though, there is a problem: Most people don't have a joystick these days.

So they need to tweak the controls so, that it will be enjoyable to play with a mouse.

I played all the original games for years without a joystick, and that's still how I play most games. I could go either way on Armada or P2.

I'm pretty fond of wing commander IV on the PSPgo with a gamepad... gives me hope for the rest of the franchise.. It's a lot easier to lug a logitech gamepad around on work trips than my thrustmaster.

heh.. sort of.. by pspgo gamepad, I mean there is a snap on set of handles that make the go look and feel almost exactly like a ps2 controller. way badass.

Back