BREAKING NEWS: Is Wing Commander Poised To Make a Comeback? (September 28, 2010)

Indeed - exciting times all around, in six years of visiting the CIC, I've never looked more times than the past three days, I'm just praying for updates. AD and LOAF talking about this so positively gives me the feeling they're really quite confident of all of this coming together.

Great news about WC2 as well, I'd be willing to pay good money find a convenient way to play through that game more often, especially this new setup one days includes Special Operations.

The sheer fact that Wing Commander is even being talked out within EA's offices again is great news, but this is even better. I would love to have WC1 and WC2 playable without any fiddling (not that I mind using dosbox's features). It would make it easier to get friends involved.

And perhaps this foreshadows a return to the I.P.....we can only hope...

It may be too much to hope for, but I'm crossing my fingers for a XBLA/PSN release of the older games since I don't game on the PC much these days. Still, I'd take a rerelease any way I can get it. I might even *gasp* put a real video card in my PC again.

It may be too much to hope for, but I'm crossing my fingers for a XBLA/PSN release of the older games since I don't game on the PC much these days. Still, I'd take a rerelease any way I can get it. I might even *gasp* put a real video card in my PC again.

Sorry to burst your bubble but no console releases....

Phew. Got me excited for a second there.

Oh well, perhaps the re-release can do some good for the series - generate some interest.
But I played WC1 again this year (or was it last year) already (plus the whole series, of course) already.

A dedicated graphics card is not required (nor utilized) by any of the DOS game rereleases. Due to the emulation environment, a decent modern processor would be good to have.

This is great news to read, along with the recent LucasArts re releases several other Majors are looking into re releasing classics and the WC series is one of the best. Great news indeed.

Back