Bossman

I'm currently replaying WC1, too, (even managed to get it running in WIN95's DOS environment!
smile.gif
) and IMO the cats' AI is more realistic than in most of the other games.

Damn, that's probably why this accursed Bhurak Starkiller always escapes while I'm busy defending this Drayman!
wink.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

[This message has been edited by Nighthawk (edited June 10, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's because you fly the Scim. I hate to say it, but the Scim just isn't very good at pursuing fleeing fighters
smile.gif
. I know that usually, I just accept the fact that he'll get away. But if you really want to ensure that you get him, I find that a pair of dumbfires followed by a HS works wonders
biggrin.gif

Nah, just don't use the auto-pilot. After you clear the first nav, use the afterburners 'till you get to the second nav, and you'll see all the cats flying nicly towards you, and you shouldn't have much trouble taking Starliller out
smile.gif

Well, yeah, but the problem is that he retreats as soon as he's heavily damaged, the coward.

Yeah, but my way gives you enough time to go after him and then going to save the Drayman, which is still in the previous nav.

Yeah, but he's faster than you are. You can waste all your afterburners and still fail to catch up.

Now I donno about you Q, but when a cat fighter is comming afterburning head-on to me, I can usally take it out. Especially if he's trying to turn away after I've damaged it and I can get a clear shot that even if I try to I can't miss (he's so close to me, trying to turn away 180gd with afterburners on, his ship is all over my screen so I can hit him with my guns and DFs)
wink.gif

You know what they say: Practise makes perfect
smile.gif

Just take the Ralari mission as an example: That mission is one of the hradest missions in WC, but after spending hours of hours trying it, I've managed to save the Ralari (and after you finish it for the first time, save you're game and try it again, you'll see that it's not that hard
smile.gif
). Sure, I haven't done yet in this replaying of WC1, but hey, I know it can be done, and if I'll be paicent enough, I'll manage to do it for god knows what time
cool.gif

Yeah, I can save the Ralari. Usually, however, that accursed Rapier shoots me in the back just as I take down the last Gratha
smile.gif

The problem with WC1 is that you don´t have much of a view from the cockpit. The window is too small and sometimes is hard to pursue the Kilrathis. The WCP use is the best cockpit.

------------------
"Hasta la victoria siempre."
-El Che

Well... remember that the cockpit view changes from ship to ship. Some ships have poor visibility, but others have good visibility.

It depends on what ship you are referring to.

Since we are talking about "that" kind of view. Why in WC IV you only have that view option? Why they didn´t put the full cockpit view?

------------------
"Hasta la victoria siempre."
-El Che

Cause it would cost too much money to code it.

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

WC4 cockpit
eek.gif
. You know, that wasn't exactly a cockpit: It was the *new* ejection system, you know, the pod thingy. They just removed the cockpit and put the pod instead, adding all the major veiws to it. I wonder how much money Confed spent to refint all old fighters with this system...

Back