Booze

Dragonslayer

Spaceman
Who likes booze here on the CIC? If you like the sweet fermented stuff tell me what your favorite beer/spirit/mixed drink or anything else alcoholic you happen to like

Wow...the thread for me.

Let's see, my favorite:

Beer: Labatt Blue or Miller Lite. I stock Labatt in my fridge at home, but buy Miller in bars because I don't like paying import price for Labatt. Both are great beers, though, and both are union made. :)

Spirit: Mainly a brown liquor guy. I don't really have a favorite bourbon, but my favorite Tennessee whiskey is Jack Daniel's Single Barrel. Favorite scotch is Laphroig (I would say Johnny Walker Blue, but I can't afford to drink it on even a semi-regular basis). For Canadian Whiskey I'd go with Crown Royal Special Reserve. In fact, I never understood why people will pay so much for Crown and not pay the little bit extra for an even better version of Crown.

Lately, a friend of mine turned me onto Bombay Sapphire gin, which is fantastic in a gin and tonic with a lime twist. Since I mainly drink my liquor neat or on the rocks with a splash of water, I guess that'd be my favorite mixed drink.

Bah I only touch domestics (Imported or not) if I can't get my hands on a good Micro Brew...I got spoiled to Real beer when I worked at a micro brewery.

as for booze......well depends on the drinks lol, Rum is good mixed, whiskey is good to drink slow, vodka is harsh but good and Tequila is good to shoot make magaritas lol.
Oh and I have to have a shot of Jagermeister every once in a while.

Beer (local, there is a big brewery just few hundered meters from my home), vodka (mostly cheap - student have never enough money), and when there is really no money - russian (or ukrainian) spirit mixed with water and sometimes juice - I live not far from border so its easy to obtain. I am not a heavy drinker - this is what average university student drinks in my town (in the poorest region of European Union :) ).

For beer i was basically drinking whatever i could find but ive really gotten into Rheingold now that it is appearing in brooklyn again, schaefer and pabst too.
For liquor i usually stick to Jim Beam and Jack but ill drink vodka and tequila. Im also a sucker for irish coffees and make a good one myself. White russians are great too.

I work at a liquor store so I practically drink for free.

Bass Ale, New Castle, McEwan's, New England, Guiness, Tanner's Jack, Samuel Smith, Sam Adams, Jack + Pepsi

Beer is great. But it's bad for the belly. I really like Scotch and Southern Comfort. Southern Comfort is excellent with Coke, orange juice, or raspberry lemonade. And I like tequila mixed with Squirt. But it has to be good squirt.

Rum is a bit vile but it's actually one of my favorite spirits. It mixes well with many things. I also like red wine, particularly the Cabernet Sauvignon. In fact, my friend is brewing his own wines and meads out of my basement. They're really good too.

Beer, and more beer, MGD is my fav. I work at a bar and grill, and I gotta say of all the domestics, MGD is the best followed by coors, and coors light. Imports, gotta go with Newcastle.

Anyone from australia? I gotta say Australia has some good beer, I liked Carlton Draught, and Thooeys New. But I didnt ever find an aussie beer that I didnt agree with, except for XXXX bitter, they really mean bitter.

Spirits, Vodka, and Vodka. Any kind, in a rocks glass with a coke back.

Since I'm from Munich, and since Bavaria is famous for its beer I think I should post on this thread:

My favourite is Edelstoff from a brewery called Augustiner. Unfortunatly its not exportet very much, different to Löwenbräu or Spaten, which you can get all over the world, but which isn't that good.

For Liquor I think Tequila could be called my favourite, also I can't have much of that ;)

As a hobby-alcoholic (that's help for a shorter life span), I prefer:

Mead (honey wine, hears like a gay stuff, but it's a true Viking drink), Cognac, a bit Whiskey, a bit Scotch, a bit Vodka, nearly all wine sorts, Beer (local brew or something else) - But mostly beer. The "harder" stuff in dosed portions on special events.

Non Alcoholic drinks: root beer (sad, it's not common in Germany and also rare) and coffee (that's the one I'm drinking most the time).

My favorite beer is hertog jan(dutch), after that Jupiler(belgium).

i was at a festival in germany where they served löwenbrau, and i think it had a "feast upon my entrails". lucky they also sold becks

as for liquer, i prefer jack daniels old nr. 7, and jim beam.

I'm a domestic beer drinker myself, which doesn't go over too well in a mountain town full of Microbrew snobs who think anything from Bud or Coors is Red Neck (well, maybe it is- gee, I feel so bad).

I prefer Coors light, Bud light, and I do like some Mexican beers like Pacifica and Corona (my favorite). Bass Ale is great too. If mixed drinks are the order of the day I'll take almost anything with vodka. A top-shelf margarita is also a nice change of pace.

Beer - Guiness Extra Stout (can't get draught around here, so I drink extra stout by default). Icehouse. Yuengling Black & Tan.

Liquor - Vodka (primarily Nikolai green label, but sometimes Five O'Clock). Moonshine.

Trying to cut back, though. I only started drinking a few months ago, and I became a heavy drinker pretty quickly. Too much Irish in me.

I like a beer called TNT, which tastes pretty good,. for liquor, I love that Malibu stuff, its really good. mix it with coke and it tastes better...which reminds me of a story, but I wont tell it right now...

I'll drink Tequilla and Jager. If I'm lookin' beer, though, I'll usually drink Boulevard Wheat (which is great because it's locally made!), and Honey Brown.

sake!

actually, just about anything other than white wines.. even dry sherry is good for cooking, and sake is great in the right mood... but for general drinking a heavy stout, some cider, or a good shiraz if the company is "polite"

Back