Books

Craze

Spaceman
Now I know this may sound corny and such but is anyone of you members and loyal Wing Commander fans writing any W.C. books? I am, I think it's coming along pretty well. This post is basically to see if anyone else is writing.
tongue.gif

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

Last edited by a moderator:
this is the kinda post you should do in the fan fic zone... but since it's here anyway...
i'm writing my !4th! atemt at a wc story, my others sortha die after one or two chapters. but this one finally seem to work...

speaking of books, could some one please give my the order of the novels ONE more time
redface.gif
...thank you

------------------
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's Wing Commander"

[This message has been edited by Twister (edited March 22, 2000).]

Twister said:
speaking of books, could some one please give my the order of the novels ONE more time
redface.gif
...thank you

In published order:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
Freedom Flight
End Run
Fleet Action
Heart of the Tiger (WC3 novelization)
The Price of Freedom (WC4 novelization)
Action Stations
False Colors
WCM novelization (and Jr. novelization)
Pilgrim Stars
</UL>

In chronological order:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
Action Stations (though told by someone later, the main story is set first)
WCM novelization
Pilgrim Stars
Freedom Flight
End Run
Fleet Action
Heart of the Tiger
False Colors
The Price of Freedom
</UL>

That help?
biggrin.gif

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited March 22, 2000).]

Craze said:
Now I know this may sound corny and such but is anyone of you members and loyal Wing Commander fans writing any W.C. books? I am, I think it's coming along pretty well. This post is basically to see if anyone else is writing.
tongue.gif

Book? Yes. WC Book? No. Although I am writing a pretty shitty story over in the Fan Fiction forum. Writing in an already established Universe is hard stuff-- especially with ten years of material to work around. Hope it goes well for you.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Craze says:

Go to the FanFic section
smile.gif
. There are one or two stories worth reading there. And my story certainly intends to be a book; halfway there in fact
smile.gif
. Of course, when I say book, I just mean its lenght and quality. Certainly, I do not see any chances of publishing it.

Dralthi5 says:
Writing in an already established Universe is hard stuff-- especially with ten years of material to work around.
Really? Then why are there so many mainstream fiction books out there
smile.gif
? Are they not written about an already established Universe? People writing about the WC Universe are lucky. They only have to plough through a decade's worth of material, and throw in an obscure reference to the 20th century every once in a while - but people writing about the normal 20th century have to consider about a century's worth of obscure little facts
smile.gif

Does anyone know if there is any Wing Commander novel out there or comeing out?

Thanks....

------------------
ICEMAN

"Pilgrim Truth" should get out some time this year. Take a look at the CIC home page!
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

I`ve noticed that not all books were written by the same person, so it was kind of hard for me to figure out which comes after which, and which one I should order now from Amazon. Thanks Death

Quarto said:
Really? Then why are there so many mainstream fiction books out there
smile.gif
? Are they not written about an already established Universe? People writing about the WC Universe are lucky. They only have to plough through a decade's worth of material, and throw in an obscure reference to the 20th century every once in a while - but people writing about the normal 20th century have to consider about a century's worth of obscure little facts
smile.gif

That's not what I meant.
frown.gif
And I never said writing a book set in the 20th Century is any easier. That's equally hard. You gotta read things more carefully before you analyze 'em, Quarto.
tongue.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited March 23, 2000).]

Back