Birthday Party Early Planning

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Hey, this past year we had a tremendous amount of success with our annual CIC Birthday Party. The event is always held on the evening of August 10/morning of August 11. Because this worked out to be a Sunday night/Monday morning thing.. we lost a few people that would otherwise have been there. Out of curiosity, how do some of your feel about changing the birthday to a regular time each year, such as Saturday evening and Sunday morning? What would be a good time? I'm mainly concerned with the ideas of people who've attended these events in the past or have wanted to be couldn't have because of timing (because clearly people who've just arrived would have no sentimental attachment to our birthday date and it'd make more sense to just pick a time that works best for the most number of people).

Well, Friday night in the US works out to Saturday morning/early afternoon here. Not too many people are working then.
I can't speak for any other timezones though

Eh, I prefer to have it August 10th - with the worldwide scope of the community, we'll lose some people to prior commitments no matter when it's held.

I like it wherever. Pick whatever is the most accomodating or leave it, either way I'll make time in the unlikely event I don't already have it.

The earlier you tell people, the better prepared they can be to work their scheduals around it, so to speak.

LeHah said:
The earlier you tell people, the better prepared they can be to work their scheduals around it, so to speak.

That's true.. and I prefer it August 10.. but it seemed like we had a less conflicts when it was Friday or Saturday night.

Back