Bengal Carriers.

Flashpoint

Rear Admiral
I was just looking through the database at all the WC1 ships and noticed that whille the Tigers Claw needed 750 crew and the 'handbook'(eh?) needed 690 crew, every Bengal Carrier from the TCS Kipling onward, only needs a crew of 7.

That's one hell of an efficient ship :D

Shotglass, Halcyon, "Tactical" (actual name unknown), the guy who helps you out of your ship and comments on its state, "Tiger's Claw" (comm guy), and finally the OTHER guy, who helps you INTO your ship. That's seven, so clearly the Claw also needs a mere 7 people!

You're totally forgetting the marines. You have to have the marines. They shoot the pink stuff into space when someone is dead and leaving the ship in their space coffin.

No, no. We're talking the CREW of seven. The navy crew of seven, the marines, and then the pilots. (Please ignore things like Halcyon not being in the navy when tearing my arguments apart.)

You need an attractive chick to run the little steering wheel thingy found on all Confed carriers.

Where is that info on the kipling onwards crew from - only the original wc manual even mentioned the kipling and the change in size and it doesnt mention crew.

uh, cheers flashpoint, I had actually read that page, i meant which canon material was the info taken from? since none of the claw marks i've read seem to say it (though the pc version does mentioned that kipling onwards were shorter)

The 750 crew number for the Tiger's Claw comes from the Wing Commander I & II Ultimate Strategy Guide; the 690 crew number for the earlier Bengals comes from their Joan's entry in the Confederation Handbook.

(And yes, to confirm, 7 is certainly a typo. It should probably be 750.)

Aha, thanks loaf, my copy of the Ultimate Strategy guide only arrived yesterday so havent had a chance to mine its awesome details :D Tis a shame it doesnt cover special operations though :( mark minasi will have to be my guide! (actually as an actual guide with maps etc the secrets of the WCU seems to be a better book generally, if less lacking on the canon facts)

Secrets is decidedly a better strategy guide -- the Ultimate Guide is really more of an unacknowledged Wing Commander novel (Minasi goes on for pages about how to beat that Ralari mission... the official guide just has the character lose the ship!).

Speaking of the Bengal, where does the 40 torpedo tubes and the 20 odd extra laser turrets come from? Also how much more powerful are laser batteries to laser turrets? Lastly, does the 'Claw have stronger anti-ship guns? If so where are they?

I imagine the 40 tubes comes from the Confederation Handbook, as for the 20 odd extra laser turrets, that's from WCATV, where the Tiger's Claw is armed to the teeth

Back