Battle of Venice

Doh! This is the third time I've overlooked a link. Sorry, downloading now....quite impressive. I loved it, very WCish feel to it. Fine job, fine job.

I love the blue you added to the 'Claw. Makes it look even more fierce than before. I also got a real kick out of the ending. :)

The explosions look particularly nice, with the exception of the station being destroyed. The fighters just didn't seem to pour enough firepower into it to make it blow up like it did. It would have been nice if the missiles damaged it and the Tiger's Claw finished it off with a broadside.

Great work!

Thank you all for your feedback

@ AKAImBatman, I agree it would have been nicer if the claw would finish the base but afaik the base is destroyed in the last mission of wc1 by the player character (bluehair) and hunter, we only see the claw in the ending sequence destroying some fighters...........and although I stretch the canon a bit with naming the cat admiral I tried to stay close to the game.

There is something, it is really good, but why is it a disgrace to have the transport named after him? I don't know much about the Kilrathi, I know they are a very proud race, but I still don't see how it is a disgrace...

(haven't watched the movie yet)

To the Kilrathi, logistics folks in general are deemed to be only suitable for licking the boots of real warriors, and the transport crews are where they dump the folks who, as far as the warriors were concerned, were barely worth the breath to spit upon, and were worthless for more honorable jobs.

Would you enjoy having a garbage scow bear your name? :)

Anxiety said:
There is something, it is really good, but why is it a disgrace to have the transport named after him? I don't know much about the Kilrathi, I know they are a very proud race, but I still don't see how it is a disgrace...

Go read Fleet Action. The Kilrathi act as if the subject of logistics transports is taboo simply because it is beneath real warriors. They act absolutely shocked that they are losing the war in part because the Confederation has been attacking those vessels.

My only question about that is, why do the Kilrathi keep attacking my Draymans in WC1, then? If they felt they were attacking something beneath contempt, then wouldn't that make them cowardly? Hmmm.... me thinks that Forstchen went a smidge overboard on this one. :)

Probably seek-and-destroy mission - the cats send out a flight of fighters, and what ever they can find, be that transport or Battleship, they try to kill it... They probably aren't looking the transports specifically (or they do, as disgracfull as it is, as it is tacticaly working...)

HammerHead said:
or they do, as disgracfull as it is, as it is tacticaly working...

That makes sense to me. To the Kilrathi, only the lowest born scum are assigned to their transports, but that doesnt make an enemy transport any less of a target. Most of the Kilrathi still see a chance for a kill and take it, others see the transports as the obvious tactical target that it is.

The admirals in the prologue to Fleet Action are more adamant than most I believe because of their bloodline. Even though the leader of the lowest born clan is present, he IS the leader of the clan. They were raised to believe that they are superior even to the best of warriors, so their hatred of transports is somewhat heightened.

AKAImBatman said:
Go read Fleet Action. The Kilrathi act as if the subject of logistics transports is taboo simply because it is beneath real warriors. They act absolutely shocked that they are losing the war in part because the Confederation has been attacking those vessels.

My only question about that is, why do the Kilrathi keep attacking my Draymans in WC1, then? If they felt they were attacking something beneath contempt, then wouldn't that make them cowardly? Hmmm.... me thinks that Forstchen went a smidge overboard on this one. :)

But in Fleet Action they also had a field day slaughtering thousands of defenseless civilian ships, having enough fun that they forgot about some key military targets. To the Kilrathi, killing is killing.

excellent job on the tiger's claw and fighters. i really like the cinamtic bit where the camere rotates around the claw as it is aligning it's turrets.

Back