Battle of Repleetah

Mountie

Rear Admiral
I've heard and seen only bits and pieces about the Battle of Repleetah and was curious as to what actually happened and why. I've seen the WCATV ep with it, and remember Dekker mentioning it in WCIV, but aside from that.....

Thanks in advance :)

A War Within a War

From what I understand of it (mostly being from the Victory Streak), the Battle of Reepleetah was fought on the planet, on a world scale. Lasted the entire war, almost and both sides had HEAVY losses.

But I know very little. Don't worry- one of the more knowledgable guys will answer this better :cool:

Col.Dom:

That's pretty close to what I've seen and heard... horrible ground battle, left the planet inhospitable, heavy losses on both sides...

Lynx:

I did do some looking, but there are literally thousands of threads on the Zone... If someone happens to know the title of the thread, or could post a link to it, I'd be very greatful...

Thanks again...

There was a thread about it some weeks ago. Look for it and enlightened you shall be.

Eh, that'd be too tiring.

I don't recall anything about the battle off the top of my head, other than the fact that the last man standing was Miles D'Arby.

So, what happened to "search" option? It's been a while since I last visited CZ, and I see many improvements, but I am quite sure the old version had a search option.

Or am I just blind ?

The Search potion got disabled. If I remember correctly, Kris or someone said it took up too much bandwidth. Pity. :(

It was only a few pages back. Here's an answer quoted from a very smart and attractive man...

Repleetah's history is confusing -- there were two major battles fought there.

On 2646.080 the Kilrathi Empire attempted to take the Repleetah System as part of a counter-offensive responding to the Confederation's Epsilon Initiative. Bloody ground fighting, the worst so far in the war, ensued -- costing the Confederation 2.7 million soldiers and 1.2 million civilians -- and the Kilrathi over 7 million marines. The battle ended with a Confederate victory in 2651.290, although Kilrathi forces were still on the planet. *This* is the fighting we see on Wing Commander Academy -- after being wounded at Repleetah, Grunt joined the TCSNA's '54 class.

The more well-known fighting at Repleetah (presumably since it has some sort of moral message, or at least an interesting ending) started on 2654.287, when a group of human scientists attempted to make peaceful contact with a Kilrathi scientific group on the planet. Kilrathi forces responded with a full-scale biological attack. The CSF commander for the area ordered his forces to retreat -- and was decorated for his actions by Admiral Tolwyn. The TCMC reinforces Repleetah, but the Space Force refuses to assist in the fighting. A bloody trench-war, fought in bio-hazard suits, goes on for ten years -- during which time even the Marines stop sending reinforcements to Repleetah. It is during *this* time that Dekker is captured by the Kilrathi. In late 2664, Lt. Miles D'Arby leads his surviving soldiers in a final attempt to overrun the Kilrathi. No one survives.

Search feature was disabled because it took up too much hard drive usage, IIRC.

Search option

Any possibility the search option will be enabled sometime soon? It took me forever to find where I posted the question about search option.

Back