Banned or not, thats my question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gevatter Lars

Vice Admiral
If I remeber right the Episodes for Wing Commander Secret ops where for free! So why is it a banned topic?
If someone asked if someone could give it to him where is the prob? Origin doesn't want money for it when it came out.

Could someone explain it to me? I mean its nearly the same as Free/share-ware!

I had written an e-mail to KrisV asking him why a month ago. I had listend quite a few legitimate sites that hosted it, but received no reply. Also I never heard anything of it going from freeware to payware. Wouldn't mind some enlightenment on it.

Free distribtion of Secret Ops ended on October 31, 1998 BECAUSE THEY SAID SO AND RELEASED PROPHECY GOLD.

Now, to address a couple of other things:

I don't recall receiving your e-mail. If I had I surely would have replied to it and explained that those legitimate sites should in fact not be carrying the episodes. What's more, they never should have carried them in the first place. It was made quite clear that anyone could mirror the 112MB starters pack, but the episodes were to be downloaded from secretops.com alone.

The board is not for discussing administrative matters. Use the e-mail link in the footer if you want to discuss Chat Zone policy.

Lastly, I prefer to be called by my first name. If you insist on calling me by my last name, please properly address me. Or do you normally go around talking to people in that manner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back