Baen Downloadable books

ffhounddog

Spaceman
Does anyone know if there is, has, or will be Wing Commander books for download? Currently deployed but have the urge to read the books again.

Hound

I don't think the WC novels have been released for download, from what I know. However, there is plenty of fan fiction available. Check out Holding The Line, in the fan projects area from the wcnews homepage.

Baen hasn't posted any Wing Commander books to their free library (or their pay library) -- I'm not sure if it's a rights issue or if they just don't think there's any interest...

I'd try e-mailing jim@baen.com -- the guy who runs Baen certainly seems like the kind of guy who'd try and do anything in his power to help out someone serving in the military.

There is (it's even gotten a news update or two, I believe), but it's not an official eBook released by Baen.

Thanks for the help. I did send an email to baen books to see if we can get the books posted or at the least be able to buy online. Background I bought the books before I bought the game so it was wc2 that I started with and wc3 was going to be out in 3 months. The books are some of the best I have read do to the fact that the characters are like real people. Kinda like some of the battletech books i read. Yes I play that game too. Asked my mom to send me a joystick to play the new standoff game cant stand the mouse thing. Would ask the wife but she would say no games just work well not really but she would send my expensive joystick and dont want a real expensive one here cause of the situation I am in sand everywhere and people like to take things glad people cant read my bab 5 books and honor harrington books are still here :D Thanks again and I hope they post the books because they are some good writing in the sci fi universe.

Hound (Scott)

Bandit LOAF said:
Oh no, someone asked for help, lets be a jerk to him.

Well considering Death just said, "(it's even gotten a news update or two, I believe), " I would think that where to find it would have been obvious. To be fair I then did explain to him how to perform the search...I was being a quasi-jerk.

Back