Back to WC after a decade. Windows 7 and Joystick?

MichaelJ

Spaceman
I'm an old wing commander junkie who started off playing these games when I was 12 years old the year WC1 came out. I loved them and played every one as it was released. It's been over 10 years now and I'm finally ready to make a return happen after several failed attempts over the years.

Could someone give me or direct me to a primer on the best way to get all the games working in Windows 7 with a joystick? Sounds like I'll need DosBox, and additionally what joystick will work best and will I be able to run it with all the various games?

Would appreciate any help and am happy to have found this site.

Michael

Always good to see a friendly ship!

You should start with the CIC Tech Support Section for more info on the specific game you are trying to setup.

Also the Tech Support Forum is a great source of information and you may find many of the questions you have already answered in there. There are several threads in there about running WC under Win7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much any USB joystick will work in DOSBox or the Windows games, so just find something you like at a store or that's well reviewed at Amazon. I like Logitech sticks, Microsoft and Saitek are also pretty solid.

Back