Babylon 5: Into the Fire current status

Well, guess what? 8 months after cancellation, the d*mn thing still refuses to die!
smile.gif

I know things went sower for the WC fans, but it almost happened on the B5:ItF too.

In February the Codemasters was very close on buying the game from Sierra, but apparently their price was too high, plus Codemasters had a little of their own re-organizing to to also ...
frown.gif

But in April a new game studio Sector 14 Studios was founded by the remaining game developers with some outside help, and now they are in process of trying to get the game and do it theirselves, exactly on the ormat it was intended. No budget cuts, no arcade mode.

Here's the original message about the event on the FirstOnes.Com forums.

We still have a GOOD fighting chance! It is a little old news already, but I just thought to get you up to speed, in case there are any interested people on the subject.

------------------
G'Quon wrote, "Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Freeze. Maybe they will buy out WC too.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

It could be that the company will concentrate on the Babylon 5 series, but there is always hope - plus this should prove, that one can make a difference.

Maybe you should start lobbying for the WC series as we did with the B5:ItF. Be warned though ... it will take alot of work and the outcome might not always be what you'd like it to be --- take our project: it's had several major setbacks, but it has always surfaced again.

------------------
G'Quon wrote, "Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender."

EA won't sell Wing Commander... they have every intention of using the property again someday. But not now.

I don't think Sierra's sold B5 yet, either...
smile.gif
Nor, IIRC, has the new company which wants to produce it raised the venture capital needed as of yet...

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Bombardez les Ptitard!

Bandit LOAF said:
EA won't sell Wing Commander... they have every intention of using the property again someday. But not now.

I agree, but i dont think its...uh, how i can put this in a nice way...its not smart to a company to concentrate in just one product, specially when they have a title like WC in their hands.

Bandit LOAF said:
I don't think Sierra's sold B5 yet, either...
smile.gif
Nor, IIRC, has the new company which wants to produce it raised the venture capital needed as of yet...

I dont know if Sierra sold it yet, i think so, but i think they contract with Warner for the B5 rights is close to expire, if it not already... i heard that the only thing thats
the new company is in need now is to make some adjustments to the game and find a publisher...i guess

------------------
Only a complete fool is absolutely sure about what he says
Are you absolutely sure about this?
Yes, i am...i mean...do'h

[This message has been edited by KillerWave (edited May 10, 2000).]

KillerWave said:
I dont know if Sierra sold it yet, i think so, but i think they contract with Warner for the B5 rights is close to expire, if it not already... i heard that the only thing thats
the new company is in need now is to make some adjustments to the game and find a publisher...i guess

You're right - Sierra's lisence has expired several months ago, and it has returned to the WB.
smile.gif

Sierra still has the game material though, and that's what they need to purchase from Sierra. I have read between the lines, that getting the lisence from WB should be a pretty easy task.

Originally this thread was started by Freeze, B5:ItF Finland:

Well, guess what? 8 months after cancellation, the d*mn thing still refuses to die!
smile.gif

I know things went sower for the WC fans, but it almost happened on the B5:ItF too.

In February the Codemasters was very close on buying the game from Sierra, but apparently their price was too high, plus Codemasters had a little of their own re-organizing to to also ...
frown.gif

But in April a new game studio Sector 14 Studios was founded by the remaining game developers with some outside help, and now they are in process of trying to get the game and do it theirselves, exactly on the ormat it was intended. No budget cuts, no arcade mode.

Here's the original message about the event on the FirstOnes.Com forums.

We still have a GOOD fighting chance! It is a little old news already, but I just thought to get you up to speed, in case there are any interested people on the subject.

Well, we're still here, and I thought I'd bring you up to speed with the current situation.

The fighting part is over, and Sector 14 Studios is still very much kicking alive, although they don't make very much noise about themselves in order not to ruin the things going on at the moment - negotiations w/ financing partners, WB & Sierra. Remember that WB now controls the lisence - Sierra only has the pre-made game material.

Just yesterday I got reply from one of the ex-developers, that they have made out all the necessary paperwork (whatever that contains), and are now working in several meetings.

Why do good things come SO slowly?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Freeze, B5:ItF Finland (edited September 03, 2000).]

smile.gif
I have been waiting a very long time for that game to be released...

...however... I am not getting my hopes up.

Back