B5: Legend of the Rangers to air January 19th on SciFi Channel

Johnl12

Repairman
B5: Legend of the Rangers to air Saturday, January 19th on SciFi Channel. If it gets good ratings Scifi channel may do a series. And who knows Sierra may even finish the game.:cool:

My local cable service (Charter) doesn't carry Sci-Fi.
:(

/end whine

I have a suspicion that as far as Sierra is concerned, it doesn't really matter how good the ratings are. I think the only thing that would get the game revived is if another space combat sim came out and got Diablo 2 levels of sales, which, lets be honest, simply isn't going to happen.

Originally posted by Johnl12
B5: Legend of the Rangers to air Saturday, January 19th on SciFi Channel. If it gets good ratings Scifi channel may do a series. And who knows Sierra may even finish the game.:cool:

OH YEAH.....(drool)

And yes, Sci-Fi does broadcast S:AaB:)

Coolness :cool:

I don't have cable in my dorm room and was just curious. I used to really enjoy S:AaB back home.

Originally posted by junior
I have a suspicion that as far as Sierra is concerned, it doesn't really matter how good the ratings are. I think the only thing that would get the game revived is if another space combat sim came out and got Diablo 2 levels of sales, which, lets be honest, simply isn't going to happen.
You are most likely correct but one can hope.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Johnl12

And why the hell should we care, exactly? :p

I have high hopes for LOTR. Seems they brought CF back, which is good...good music is always good, as WC fans know...bad music is why Crusade was crap...

Re: Re: B5: Legend of the Rangers to air January 19th on SciFi Channel

Originally posted by Bob McDob
...bad music is why Crusade was crap...

And bad acting,bad story,etc

nope ghost, crusade was just about as good as the first 13 episodes of B5 were, they were building, have you read any of the 3 unfilmed scripts? they were really really really good.

I just saw the first 10 chapters or so, the only ones here (Argentina)
But AFAIK that wasn´t the entire fault of JMS, he wanted to do something and the people in WB (IIRC) wanted another thing, like the Pilot,the changes of uniforms and other things that ruined the series

Yeah, changing the uniforms slightly really ruined that show's ability to tell a story!

JMS has an excuse for everything, and sometimes they're not very good.

The REAL flaw was the music...I can tolerate anything if it has decent music. I loved the WCM despite all its faults mostly BECAUSE of the music (and the fact it's WC...:D) while even good games like MW3 with its uberlimited neotechno soundtrack failed to hold my attention...

Originally posted by Napoleon
nope ghost, crusade was just about as good as the first 13 episodes of B5 were, they were building, have you read any of the 3 unfilmed scripts? they were really really really good.

don't forget turner was putting their big nuse in and tell them how to make it better like more sex.
you do it my way or no way.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Yeah, changing the uniforms slightly really ruined that show's ability to tell a story!

Unlike Star Trek, where the uniform changes , especially in the middle of a series run, usually was the sign that the storytelling was improving. :)

Back