http://wcsaga.cjb.net/

The Wing Commander Saga Mod for Conquest: Frontier Wars
will be a 4 mod MOD
1st being Wing Commander 1 & 2
2nd being Wing Commander 3
3rd Being Wing Commander 4
and finally
4th being Wing Commander Prophecy & Secret Ops

The Pre mod stages are under way; getting staff members together, getting ship teams together, designing a website, getting a Host.... all of these factors need people...

people willing to help make a great game even better...
we need modellers(must have either Lightwave, Rhino 3D, or 3D Studio Max), scripters, programmers, graphix people, html people, people who know advanced programs(flash, java, etc)

so please contact;
StarSaint (icq 14712155)
saint_@excite.com

or

WcWraith (icq 109960000)
wcwraith@carolina.rr.com

sweet.jpg

I put it on the CIC server.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know much about 'modding,' else I'd try to help out, but is there a polygon limit in that game? The Sabre looks awfully flat. Take a look a Hadrian's Sabres. I know you won't be able to do that in a game in real time for a while, but there is certainly a world of difference from this particular model.

But I suppose if you're working from scratch it still looks good.

Those aren't really *Hadrian's* Sabres... he stole 'em from the guy who designed them for WC2.

Oh, that's interesting. So that's how they designed them? I take it they then took the shots at each angle necessary and then reduced the resolution and plastered them into ship files, right?

Hmmm, if they still have the models, how hard would it be to make a hi-res WC1 or WC2? Not necessarily by OSI, perhaps someone with programming skill would want to fiddle with them?

I've got the WC1/2/P/SWC models here on a CD... I just don't have permission to release them yet (working on it...).

Anyway, yeah, that's how they do it -- they render a high res model and then take shots from each angle (WCIV and WCP and WCIII have high-res models for the cut-scenes).

Back