At Night, All Concordias Are Gray (October 17, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Klavs has something new to show off from his work on the Wing Commander Saga mod for FreeSpace 2! It's an awesome new take on the TCS Concordia. Suitable for framing... or, at least, desktop background-izing! He says:
I've been hard at work off the radar creating all new, never before seen content for WC: Saga. Some familiar stuff, some new stuff, but all with Saga's devotion to high quality. I've been authorized to release pics of this ship since it doesn't really give anything away about the campaign, just something I had a lot of fun making and convinced the guys (wasn't hard!) to put it in the game for me. I tried to put my own spin on the old Concordia, bringing the old ship a little more into the real world. Hope everyone enjoys it, and gets warm fuzzy memories of WC2 without getting TOO upset at the changes!

--
Original update published on October 17, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply gorgeous, that's amazing. Is it actually going to show up in the campaign?

Not in the actual campaign, but it will be included in the release, so that anyone can make a custom campaign or mission with it, or you can simply enjoy seeing it in the technical database. I have no doubt we'll see some FREDers put together some missions with this beauty. :)

Thanks everybody, please note that on my monitor the darker grey trim actually appears green, but I think it's subtle enough without turning the ship LIME. :D

It looks fantastic and I have to admit (shame on me?) that I can't spot any real difference you made, beside the colour.

Edit: And the turrets of course. Perhaps the curved middle section is new?

It looks fantastic and I have to admit (shame on me?) that I can't spot any real difference you made, beside the colour.

Edit: And the turrets of course. Perhaps the curved middle section is new?

The fins and bridge are lower, and I believe that the entire aft section is boxier (Freespace polygon limitations at work?) but otherwise it's a fairly faithful recreation.

Thanks everybody, please note that on my monitor the darker grey trim actually appears green, but I think it's subtle enough without turning the ship LIME.

I know that gray-green can be kind of beige at time, but I can't see any trace of green. Maybe it's the tint of your monitor?

Although I never played WC2 (Or WC1 for that matter) The Confederation class design (as flawed as it is) has always been a favourite of mine. The shape just seems to flow, it almost looks like what I would imagine to be a space carrier of our future should we get that far, and you have done it justice. I love the new colours and the new sleekness to it. Just need a nice lightwave version so I can make it blow up things :D

It's the Cadillac of ConFleet! :D

Never noticed the kitty on first glance... Now THAT was subtle! (Or my monitor is just too dark. :p)

Concordia3.jpg

:D

Beautiful rendering of that ship. Just not a fan of that superimposed Emperor in the background.

Back