Arrow Shirt Unexpectedly Appears (May 26, 2013)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Guilherme Mesquita found an oddity at the Chinese retailer Deal Extreme. The site purports to sell a 3D Pattern Artificial Fiber T-shirt that's plastered with Wing Commander's Arrow light fighter. A 3XL specimen goes for $17.90. It appears to clearly be some sort of bootleg product, but it doesn't have any associated Wing Commander branding, and we can't peg exactly why this exists or how it came to being. Has anyone stumbled across one of these before? If so, we'd like to see you in it!

Look what I've found on DX (a Chinese website some of you might know)...

Weird. But I'll buy one anyway. Wish they had other sizes.

--
Original update published on May 26, 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 82
Had to happen sooner or later. It's pretty common for nice artwork of all kinds to be taken without permission or licence, printed on t-shirts, etc, and be sold for a handy profit. Sad that this practice has come to Wing Commander as well.

It is a nice Arrow, though. Shame.

As much as I love Wing Commander and the Arrow, I wouldn't ever wear that shirt. It makes you simply look like a complete goof :confused:

If it wasn't for the cheesy "DX.com" watermarks all over it the shirt might be more tempting but as is...ugh...it makes a bad taste in the mouth with no real "branding".

That's definitely not the North American 3XL size in case anyone was actually thinking of ordering one.

Shoulder Width 51.5 cm (20 inches)
Chest Girth 118 cm (46.5 inches)
Sleeve Length 21 cm (8 inches)
Total Length 72 cm (28 inches)
Suitable for Height 170~175 cm (5'7" - 5'9")

I picked up one of these; it is, indeed, tiny (and the branding is on the image and not the shirt.)

Back