Armada's addon...

For what nobody knows.
wink.gif

-----------
You might be a redneck if...Your momma has "ammo" on her Christmas list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes ignorance really is bliss, Deadman...
wink.gif

D

Indeed, ignorance is bliss. But ignorance of ignorance pure unadultreated joy.
wink.gif

---------
Oh my god! Death killed Deadman. You...bastard...

Death's Head: Over at the Technical Forum, there are people like Stinger, who are much more helpful than we are, but don't want to waste their time at General Chat.

Yeah, plus it is easier to keep an eye on the status of Tech Support questions over there (fewer posts, and it's still hard sometimes to keep track of who you've responded to without opening the topic up and looking...)

Not looking through the hundreds of posts on the general chat zone to find on tech support problem is helpful too...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Stinger should get a special status here. After all he's helped so many people. He can be "Voodoo witch doctor of DOS" or something like that

------------------
The time is near.
There are 339 days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Yeah I am aware of him. He seems to know what he's talking about. I don't have the time myself to figuire things like that out anymore.
I still have high hopes for a sequel to armada set in the WC3/4 or WCP timeline. Run the fleet from a Space Marshal's point of view, or part of it from and Admiral's. That would truly be the bomb.

DOS doesn't require voodoo skills... Just a little experience and playing around with stuff.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

TC: Actually, all DOS requires is a functioning brain... But they decided that was too harsh, so they got rid of that requirement when they made Windows
smile.gif

Thanks for insulting all of us post-DOS people Quarto
frown.gif

I'm Stoupiedt
frown.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are 338 days remaining.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Thanks for the confirmation of what many of us suspected, NR.
wink.gif
<j/k>

As for DOS, it is a somewhat arcane art, but still easier to figure out what's wrong in DOS than with Windows, which gives you some seemingly nonsensical error message that can only be comprehended if you're an M$ coder, and then only after paying out $<bignum> in tech support for something they should've fixed before the stupid product left the door.

</rant>

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

if I want to get my armada running and email or post certain system files could you get me up and flying?
If so what do you need?
I will be posting a tread in tech

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited January 27, 2000).]

Um, didn't we tell you that you should go to the Tech Support BB instead of asking this here? There are some people there that can help you.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

No Regret: In my book, it doesn't matter if you're post-DOS or not. You still should know DOS, because it is the basics of how to use a computer. I've observed this phenomenon at school - when I was in grade five, I knew how to use a computer, and so did (to a degree), most of my classmates. But the grade fives of the post-DOS era could barely even manage to click on an icon. And if an error message (any error message, including "wrong password") came up at any given time, they would stare blankly at it for a few seconds (without actually reading it), and then call the teacher saying that the computer was broken.
So get over it. People didn't stop writing and reading books when someone invented a GUI (i.e., films) for them.

Come over to the tech support forum... (just look at some of the other posts to discover which files to post)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Quarto, so lets say someone like me who got his first computer in late 97 should know how to use DOS? I never worked more than 10 minutes on that thing in my whole life, and I don't have anyone to teach me. Besides WindoCRAP is enough for me, I don't do that much on my computer.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

My first contact with a computer was with a MSX, and learning the "programming language" called BASIC. :p:p:p:p

Heh, bought FF8 for PC in ebworld.com. Let's hope it arrives "unbroken"...

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 27, 2000).]

I know the basics: md, mem, del, deltree, copy, xcopy, cd, cd.., dir, dir/whatever,...

Hmmm, that's about it. I can also work around a little in autoexec.bat and config.sys but that's the extent of my DOS knowledge.

------------------
The time is near.
There are 337 days remaining.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Back