Armada's addon...

Earthworm: Then go and look for someone who knows DOS. Surely, there's gotta be someone out there. The thing about DOS is that if you know it (and you don't have to know everything about it), you'll find Windoze a lot easier to deal with, and if you ever need to change to a different operating system, that will be easy too. Windows teaches its user to click with a mouse. DOS teaches to use a computer.

If you'll pardon my donning the admin hat for a second...

Guys, before it starts, OS Holy Wars will get this thread sh*tcanned faster than a tachyon.

Operating systems are the 4th likeliest cause of any online flamewar. (Sex, religion, and politics are the 1st three, in no particular order.)

Douse the matches before they set the forest on fire.

[We now return you to your regularly scheduled newsgroup.]

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Last edited by a moderator:
In Wing Commander places the first most likely ones are WC vs **** and Is Blair Dead threads...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Whoops. My apologies. As a Moderator I should know better. My excuse is my relative lack of experience in online communities.
Come to think of it, we've seen this before even at the CIC. I really should know better
frown.gif

I should also point out that I did not actually imply that Windows is actually worse then DOS. I just said that everybody should still learn DOS at school
smile.gif

But, before this gets into one of those Holy Wars that Death was talking about, methinks I'll just shut up
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows can't really be worse than Dos, nor Dos worse than windows when you realise that they aren't really the same thing, DOS is an operating system while Windows is a GUI that runs off of DOS (except for NT, that's an operating system of its own)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

TC: True. But most people don't realise that, so there's no point going into detail about that.

Exactly
I like dos I can do a lot more stuff there from using an old ibm machine. I never liked the way doctor dos worked though for some reason.

I'm thinking of putting Free DOS (or a small linux distro) on my ye ol' laptop. Anyone used it?

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

I've always wondered why people answer things like that...

No I don't know....
No I can't help you...

It seems stupid to me

smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Gunner wanabees? It realy doesen't make sense to type just two or three words like you did Death's Head.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

People that are lonely 10 year olds, and are starving for some attention?
smile.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

You waste even more space by going on and on about people who waste space. I suggest you stow it.

Back