are there Numbers for Privateer Faction Relations?

Krenn

Spaceman
I'm Playing the original privateer game on DOSBOX, and while I found a lot of GENERAL advice on how to appease or anger various factions, I couldn't find any PRECISE data on how exactly faction relations change based on your kill ratios.

For example, how many militia or confed do I have to Kill before the Kilrathi will become appeased?

For Pirates, i killed 3 pirates and then 7 Militia, and the pirates became neutral. For Kilrathi, I'm at 1 kilrathi dead and 24+ Militia dead, and the kilrathi STILL hate me.

Does anyone know what the starting values are for the factions, and how much killing each faction changes the relationship values?

For Pirates, i killed 3 pirates and then 7 Militia, and the pirates became neutral. For Kilrathi, I'm at 1 kilrathi dead and 24+ Militia dead, and the kilrathi STILL hate me.

Did someone shoot down Prince Thrakath? :p

I don't believe it is just who you shoot down, but who you do missions for. Try rescuing Kilrathi Pilots and/or going after the bigger Confed guns like the Broadsword.

Yeah, as frosty says, go after the Confeds - rack up a few Broadswords and Paradigm rather than just just militia Gladii.

There used to be a cool savegame editor that would allow you to adjust which factions like/dislike you, but I only reccomend trying it out when you've completed all the plot missions and are bored of Privateer. I think it was pr_edit.exe but I've no idea where to find it now.

There are missions to rescue kilrathi pilots? and who's prince thrakath?

I've already beaten the main plotline two or three times, my goal this game is is to befriend as many sides as possible to make smuggling easier.

Ok, I've begun controlled experiments now.

If I start the game in privateer, accept only retro-hunting missions, and kill six militia just for breathing....

That will make the pirates turn neutral, and everyone else who was already neutral, such as militia, will still stay neutral.

I then edited a new save game to give me a million credits, started a Righteous fire game, with no missions completed, and no craft killed. From that blank slate, if I killed one confederate ship at a time. When I reached four, EVERYONE but retros became neutral.

so, preliminary data, subject to further experiments:

6 dead militia= neutral militia, neutral pirates.

4 dead confeds= neutral Kilrathi, neutral pirates, neutral confed.

Did someone shoot down Prince Thrakath?
The Crown Prince would have every right to gut you for mis-spelling his name.

I don't believe it is just who you shoot down, but who you do missions for. Try rescuing Kilrathi Pilots and/or going after the bigger Confed guns like the Broadsword.
No. Who you kill does have a small influence on the various factions' opinion of you. The only exception are the Retros, who hate you no matter what.

I am quite sure Kilrathi pilots do not eject - but even if they did, they would just become slaves in the cargo hold.

I do not think it makes a difference whether you shoot down a Confederation Stiletto or a Confederation Broadsword. Both will diminish your standing with the Confederation and improve your reputation with the Kilrathi.

There are missions to rescue kilrathi pilots?
No, there are not.

I've already beaten the main plotline two or three times, my goal this game is is to befriend as many sides as possible to make smuggling easier.
In Righteous Fire, it is possible to have your reputation wiped clean so that everyone except the Retros are neutral towards you. Thereafter, killing Retros will ultimately make everyone else friendly, even the Kilrathi, if I recall correctly.

Or are you wanting to achieve this early in the game?

In Righteous Fire, it is possible to have your reputation wiped clean so that everyone except the Retros are neutral towards you. Thereafter, killing Retros will ultimately make everyone else friendly, even the Kilrathi, if I recall correctly.

Or are you wanting to achieve this early in the game?

I want to achieve it as early as possible. my most recent success was in privateer. By the time i had 13 total kills, 5 confed and 8 Retro, EVERYONE but retro was neutral to me.

It made bounty hunting and courier runs MUCH easier.

I want to achieve it as early as possible. my most recent success was in privateer. By the time i had 13 total kills, 5 confed and 8 Retro, EVERYONE but retro was neutral to me.

It made bounty hunting and courier runs MUCH easier.

I tried to keep it balanced as much as possible. The only faction i didnt really care about pissing off was the civilian pilot cargo pilots. The mercs were usually bad news if you went toe to toe with them, but the cargo vessels were usually slow and easy to take down.

That being said, my ship of choice is the Galaxy, it reminds me of the Milennium Falcon. Two turrets, the cockpit looks similar, and equipped right, you really don't even need to worry about being attacked.

Back