Are Kilrathi thermophiles physically?

So this whole 100 degree thing has me wonering if anyone told the new critters we discoverd in the ocean not that long ago, not just living but thriving at the thermal or volcanic vents on the ocean floor. In an area that there is absoloutly no way anything at all can live there. becuase we wouldnt want to make some scientist who stated that fact look like a goober.

So this whole 100 degree thing has me wonering if anyone told the new critters we discoverd in the ocean not that long ago, not just living but thriving at the thermal or volcanic vents on the ocean floor. In an area that there is absoloutly no way anything at all can live there.

Sure there are life forms that love boiling temperatures and there may be whole biospheres with advanced creatures in such an environment on some other planet out there, but the Kilrathi as far as we know are definitely mammals and biochemically similar enough to us that they seem able to eat human food without getting ill and without needing additional dietary supplements. Also, from what we have seen, Kilrathi exhibit only minor discomfort at human-ideal temperature and humidity (about 20 C and 50% humidity), so I think that their preferred temperature would be like 40 C or so.

Sure there are life forms that love boiling temperatures and there may be whole biospheres with advanced creatures in such an environment on some other planet out there, but the Kilrathi as far as we know are definitely mammals and biochemically similar enough to us that they seem able to eat human food without getting ill and without needing additional dietary supplements.
I'm not sure you could really consider the Kilrathi to be mammals - even if they exhibited every single trait that characterises our mammals, they are not related to mammals. It's like meeting a perfect stranger that happens to look and act exactly like you - regardless of the similarities, you're still not gonna call him your twin brother.

Also, from what we have seen, Kilrathi exhibit only minor discomfort at human-ideal temperature and humidity (about 20 C and 50% humidity), so I think that their preferred temperature would be like 40 C or so.
20 C and 50% humidity ideal for humans? Come on, nothing less than 30 C and 80% is acceptable for me :p.

Back