Anybody like voice cmds during gameplay

doyachri

Spaceman
I would like to know if anyone likes using voice commands and what they are using.

Commands like Fox2 are no good, because or the half second delay it takes to recognize the cmd and launch the missile.

I wanted to be able to say NAV and break into the nav map But Nahv and Naav and all other variants were hard to recognize with my twang voice i guess. I changed it to Map and it gets recognized. I wanted to just say Auto and go to a nav point.

I also wanted to be able to do all the wingman commands -

May Day - come and get this guy off my butt
Report - damage report
Charge - break and attack
Form Up - form on my wing. Had problems getting this one
to be recognized, so I changed it to "Heel" as in,
"line up, Dogs".

At first I had Help instead of May Day. But heavy breathing aspirates enough to have it match Help too often.
Other commands I wanted to use - Decoy, Next (for cycling cap ship targets), No (for next target), Lock.

Anyway, my GameVoice isn't working yet, so I may buy Game Cmdr 2 if it will work.

chris p.

i'm not big on voice commands, mainly because my comp is the in the middle of my family room...having me every so often going "NAV!" would be kind of weird...before I knew it, the guys with the white suits would be coming to pick me up...

I've wanted to try a voice command thingy with Star Trek Bridge Commander though...Nothing would be cooler than me saying "Engage" and then the ship goes to warp...

My 6 year old is going to love it

Ladiesman - I didn't think about that. Right now it's just me and 3 times a week I have my (almost) 6 year old son. Post-divorce bachelor life has spoiled me again.

I let him fly in the simulator as a rookie, with invulnerability and no collisions. We just tried it a couple of times last saturday. I wanted the voice commands for him, because he picks up the conepts very fast, but his hands are too small for keyboard commands.

chris p.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
I've wanted to try a voice command thingy with Star Trek Bridge Commander though...Nothing would be cooler than me saying "Engage" and then the ship goes to warp...

Now that might be pretty cool. With the exception of one particular mission (which ends up with your crew hovering just out of weapons range while suicide ships make their attack runs), its possible to play the entire game without ever once manually firing the weapons or personally flying the ship (after all, that's what the captain has a bridge crew for). So that might actually work quite well.

Originally posted by doyachri
I would like to know if anyone likes using voice commands and what they are using.
Anyway, my GameVoice isn't working yet, so I may buy Game Cmdr 2 if it will work.
chris p.

I use GC2. I only use it for comms however so I use Break and Attack, Attack My Target,... only.
Steering, including missile fire, I keep on my HOTAS.

Regarding your problem it could be solved by GC2 as you can teach it by saying the word 3 times instead of typing the word. I'd suggest to DL the demo and have a look at it yourself beofre buing however.

Back