Anybody know where I can get a Raptor cheap?

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
Does anyone know if there is a Secret Ops version of the Raptor out there anywhere that I could download?
In my opinion it's one of the best fighters Confed ever made, and once I get rid of Windows XP(and get SO working again) I'd kind of like to start squashing bugs with one.

No other fighter in Wing Commander had superiority over other fighters of its era like the Raptor did. However, I'm not sure if it'll be of much use against the Nephilim. I hope you plan on upgrading it first.

Well I was thinking maybe welding on a couple of corvette engines and some torpedo mounts.;)

Seriously, the Raptor is the best gunfighter I've ever flown, and usually no matter what fighter I use I always wind up taking out most of the enemy fighters with the guns.

Originally posted by Shaggy
Does anyone know if there is a Secret Ops version of the Raptor out there anywhere that I could download?
In my opinion it's one of the best fighters Confed ever made, and once I get rid of Windows XP(and get SO working again) I'd kind of like to start squashing bugs with one.

I too am a Raptor fan, IMHO the best all-round, get teh job done fighter (followed closely by the Hellcat-the Raptor though has the distinction of being the "gunship" of it's time, the Hellcat does not). I would love to see it in the next UE (or this one, but if memory serves me, it's not), hint hint, like getting reaqcuainted with an old friend.

The Raptor would still rate as a decent light to medium fighter in the WC3 universe with it's offensive arsenal and speed. . . the armor and manueverability would have to be tweaked alot but I don't know about WCP. ( I never did agree with the WC1 yaw/pitch/roll numbers. I knew I was doing alot more than 9/9/8 deg/s in teh Hornet!!! :) )

Oh, btw you can play SO just fine in WinXP (just disable sound acceleration and make the exec file into either Win95 or 98 compatibility) it's just Prophecy with the FMV that it has a problem with (oh yeah and all those DOS games . . . gee I'm glad the WC universe isn't filled with those! :rolleyes: )

C-ya

actually software is currently being written which should eliminate all the XP WC dos bugs. dosbox.zophar.net has the software. currently it's not ready but progress is quick. I'll do a full news brief when they have it ready.

I think...

I think some toystores still sells the JP version of a raptor for quite a price.
Anyone interested...

(yeah... I know, this posting has little connection :) )

YES, dosbox will eliminate all speed bugs because it emnulates a 386 core, it can also be sped up/slowed down to suit your needs. dosbox will need about a p2 400 or above.

Back