Antimatter gun and flak turrets in the mid-60s

6and7eighths

Spaceman
Yeah, this thread is about antimatter gun and flak turrets. I've been through most of the readily available material from Wing Commander II, but aside from the funeral scene on the Concordia's deck, there really doesn't seem to be a whole lot out there to indicate what they may look like up close. Plain ball turrets on a massive scale?

So, if anybody could shed some light on these wonderful pieces of ordnance, I'd be much obliged.

Anti-matter gun is actually more of a powerful particle cannon that does a heck of a lot of more damage. I would think the anti-matter cannons in WC2 are the large cannons, like you see in the funeral scenes. As for flak cannons, they are probably much smaller.

The only good view of them is on the Gilgamesh-destroyer model, which I used to model a low-poly version of them for prospective game use. I don't have an image right now, but they look similar to ball turrets on old sailing ship cannon mounts.

I'm not sure anyone has ever been able to reasonably establish exactly what an anti-matter gun looks like.

For Ships2, I've used
wc2antimatter.gif
for AMGs and
wc2flak.gif
for flak guns, based on the red 'weapons' markings on the VDU diagrams of Wing Commander 2 ships.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back