Another Pilot Joins The Ranks

Jackdaw

Spaceman
Let me begin by saying, howdy there!

I played Wing Commander for the first time last night, and while I had heard of the game before then, I was not familiar with it at all. I was introduced to it by my most amazing and wonderful soulmate/lifepartner, who surprised me at our local coffee establishment with an impromptu Wing Commander initiation. He's been playing it forever, and it is so exciting to finally share this part of his life.

I have not had fun like this playing a video game in a long, long time. Typically it's very hard for me to get into these sorts of things, but WC hooked me right in. While I am not very good, really, at all, I am having loads of fun with it, and I look forward to being a productive part of this forum.

I'm sure all of you old pros have a lot of good advice!

Well, time to scramble. Look forward to talking to you all very soon!

- Jackdaw

Welcome aboard ! :)

You are very lucky! I wish I could erase my wingcommander memory and start over again for the first time !:p

What Wing Commander did you played ? and what version ?

"Always good to see a friendly ship!"

Welcome to the CIC!

So what game was your first experience? You've also got a ton of WC to make your way through so lots of enjoyment ahead.

Thanks for the warm welcome, comrades!

I do believe the game I am playing now is the very first Wing Commander, on PC. Loads of fun!

It's probably wrong of me, but anytime Maniac gets blown up on a mission I feel a little twang of joy...

Thanks for the warm welcome, comrades!

I do believe the game I am playing now is the very first Wing Commander, on PC. Loads of fun!

It's probably wrong of me, but anytime Maniac gets blown up on a mission I feel a little twang of joy...

First time I played I took Halcyon's orders a little too literally and splashed Marshall, I won't give away any spoilers but actually flying solo is safer than flying with Maniac IMHO.

First time I played I took Halcyon's orders a little too literally and splashed Marshall, I won't give away any spoilers but actually flying solo is safer than flying with Maniac IMHO.

It was SO HARD not to...the first time I accidentally nicked him and he called me an idiot I was like "Ooooh...I hope you explode."

Back