Another good review of Wing Commander

Yep, getting something forbidden seems to be the best way to sell it. (or at least get it distributed, a lot might be illegal copies)
The only bad press is no press, very true indeed.

Project Cutscene for WC6.

Cassey and Maestro in the ship's chapel:

Maestro: So, any luck today?

Cassey: No, I had to waste a bug. I feel so bad with myself...

Maestro: Never mind that, next time you will have time to run
away.

Cassey: It's so hard to me when I have to kill another living beeing.

Maestro: I know... Why can't we all get along ?

Cassey: Oh blast. Let's pray a little.

Maestro: Let's. And after that we could have a ...

Cassey: MAESTRO! I hope that you next word isn't "CUP"!!! Do you know what alcohol will do to your body? Not to mention your soul?

Maestro: Jeez Cassey, I was going to say a "game of Scrabble"!

Cassey: Oh, I'm sorry! I love you Maestro!

Maestro: I love you too Cassey.

lol
That is cool. I'd buy it immidiately for watching that scene. *g* :D
But seriuos...who'd ever feel bad about killing a bug?

While I'm not a huge fan of censorship, and dislike the idea of a game being out and out banned, I don't see the problem with non-american versions robot alternative. Maybe I simply haven't seen the worst cases, but in my eyes contra/probonator is just as fun with a robot guy as a human guy while it seems kinda silly to make changes to the game, does it really hurt it? What is with the green blood anyways if it's green does that mean it doesn't count for some reason?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Now there's a good statement -- "I'm definately in favor of the non-American robot alternative".
I'm in favour of shooting space ships. I think most of us here are though:D

I am not really principally against the robot alternate, but I l prefer the American versions anyway. Additionally I only hate it when other people think about what I should do/could do and what not. Hell, I hate it, if they think, that I'll go into my school and shoot at other students, just because I played original Counter Strike version. :mad:
That is definitely wrong in my eyes. It is too easy to say, someone who went amok and killed some people had played too much Counter Strike. Damn too easy. Those people were weird anyways. With or without Counter Strike. No difference.
I only do it in fight against adults, wanting to tell me what I should do and what I should let. I am the only one who has to care about my soul. No bored psychologic doc whom has something against bloody games anyways.
That is my point. Just wanting to protest against authority. Wanting to protest against people whom don't know me, but make unnecessary thoughts of my character/mind/soul or whatever! :)
Sorry, but that really makes me angry. *g*

And even though...I also agree. I like WC better than Ego Shooters.

In Brazil some Wacko, after playing Duke Nukem 3D went to a movie theater and shoot all the people to re-enact the adventures of DN3D in the first chapter !!!.....:eek:

As I said...idiots exist everywhere. :( They'd even do it so. If they watched a bloody film on TV or so. Or just so. Here we also had such cases. But they did it, because they maybe hated their classmates. Even without PC games. So...where's the difference? Some maybe do it after having played a PC game, but there it would not matter whether they have played a German or American version. Because the people in the game have nothing in common with real people (in my eyes). And the percentage of such idiots is very low. Most children *don't* play with a gun afterwards.

Originally posted by Ghost
In Brazil some Wacko, after playing Duke Nukem 3D went to a movie theater and shoot all the people to re-enact the adventures of DN3D in the first chapter !!!.....:eek:

...and the movie he went to watch was Fight Club. You guys can't imagine the fuzz that the local press down here did over violent movies and violent video games after this incident! They didn't even bother to discuss HOW some idiot simply walks into a movie theater inside a shopping mall with a fucking *UZI SUB-MACHINE GUN* under his arm without getting stopped by security, or how he bought that damn thing in the first place.

--Eder

It's such bs, they only pick on games/movies because they are easy targets and good PR. If they actually gave a damn about stopping these maniacal shooting sprees I can't help but think banning firearms would be a better choice then banning games.
Because honestly who goes hunting with an uzi, someone who's prey would be unediable when he's done shooting it, that's who!

You could say then they could use knives, but honestly a man with a knife can be stopped a lot easier then a guy with an uzi.

I love it when the American press blames music, film or video games for people getting shot or killed. Maybe they should just ban most firearms like almost every other civilised country on the planet. Although they do say that it isn't guns that kill people, its people that kill people. Indeed this is true. But guns also make it possible to pick of five of your classmates while lying on the roof of a nearby building.

Anyway, I was at V2001 in chelmsford (a UK music festival for everybody outside of the UK or with a box on their head) and spent a very enjoyable weekend drinking, moshing and talking to very nice stoned people. I did all this because I wanted to and not because I just happen to have been addicted to WCP for the last three years;). It isn't always easy being 16 years old and having a really great time every now and again can make you a much happier and better balanced person. Anyway, thats my say...

Originally posted by jammyo2k
I love it when the American press blames music, film or video games for people getting shot or killed. Maybe they should just ban most firearms like almost every other civilised country on the planet.

Fine, then you get to be the one to try and take Charleton Heston's guns.

Better not. Maybe he'd also run amok and shoot at you. :(
And at least such incidents also happen in German schools. And in Germany having a gun is opnly allowed with a license. But what is the use of it if people have their guns beside bed and junior can 'borrow' it for one day?
Or at least killing ith a knife is *not* very much less dangerous. We had 2 cases in which a guy decided to kill his teacher with a knife. And nobody stopped them. They went home and opened the door to the police. That is really odd, too.

Back