Another good review of Wing Commander

Originally posted by jammyo2k
I love it when the American press blames music, film or video games for people getting shot or killed. Maybe they should just ban most firearms like almost every other civilised country on the planet.

Yeh, rofl. I remember a few months back, some guy shot someone with a rifle from 200 yards away or something like that, and they blamed games like Quake for it...
Yeh, sure, playing games with a mouse gets your hand-eye coordination that good doesn't it :)

Something must it always be. I mean what should they say, if somebody shot on people and killed himself after it...without telling anyone his reason? Then it is always nice to say that he was Counter Strike or Quake player. Even if they said before that his family is poor without end. I mean how could someone play every day Quake at home at his PC, if his family is so poor he really doesn't have one? Then it is easy to see, how much press/people lie. I'd not wonder if they would pay the people for saying such things.

I doubt banning guns would solved gun problems. Its not the people who own guns legally and pay there dues and everything on their weapons that we have to worry about. Its freaks that obtain guns illegally and have to respect for human life. I could see guns with automatic fire being banned like kalashnikovs and such but thats just common sense. Its not good for the local population to outgun the police department.

Originally posted by akashra

Yeh, rofl. I remember a few months back, some guy shot someone with a rifle from 200 yards away or something like that, and they blamed games like Quake for it...
Yeh, sure, playing games with a mouse gets your hand-eye coordination that good doesn't it :)
Perhaps he played Police Quest SWAT 1, that has sniper rifle training. :rolleyes:

Another thing, I once read an article about how dangerous Carmageddon was. Yeah right, like people are going to run over pedestrians like that.
I think Need for Speed is more dangerous than Carmageddon, because since NFS is more 'realistic', it doesn't tend to be good for my driving style when I drive immediately after playing it.
I once caught myself giving extra gas when getting passed by a BMW Z3, one of the cars in NFS4.

Well, that really depends of how realistic you make the game. I normally play the game with my joystick and the keyboard. I don't want to spend money for a wheel drive or how they call. Except that I won't have the space for it anyways. :)
So it is definitely not realistic for me. *g*
When I have to drive a real car, then it is a completely different experience for me. Not to compare.
But I also thought sometimes of giving speed. ;)
Unfortunately our old club cars only make 40 km/h, then it comes black smoke out. Not so the NFS comparision.

Well I have a SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel. It's not entirely realistic, NFS cars seem very sluggish and unresponsive compared to real cars.
But you do get used to driving with your foot al the way down. And I find I rev up the engine more before shifting gears after driving NFS compared to my usual fast shifting.
And you get the irritation of one of the NFS cars passing you. Strangly that only happens to me when passed by a BMW or Mercedes or something. I don't have the same feeling when passed by a Ferrari or something.

Unforgiven, somehow, I have to say the two (a mouse and real gun) are completely different :p

I play quake 3 at an extremely high level - believe me, my aim sucks.

Give me a pistol, bbgun or paintball gun, and I can hit some amazing shots though.

Also, Raven,
Banning guns here (since 97) has helped slightly, though you still get some stuff happening with illegal weapons.

I hope you don't feel like in a race when maybe one time a police car follows you to control you. I always liked that. Hehe. Race with 4 police cars behind you. But that would definitely not the experience I need in real life. :D

Originally posted by Fishbone
I hope you don't feel like in a race when maybe one time a police car follows you to control you. I always liked that. Hehe. Race with 4 police cars behind you. But that would definitely not the experience I need in real life. :D
"This is unit 34 in pursuit of a red Volvo. He's doing more than 120!"
Sure!! :cool:

Theres a great Sega acrade game out where you can play as a cop car, a fire truck, an ambulence or even the President's limo and you have to get from one point to another VERY quickly, even if it means running over other cars!

I played as the cop and you had to knock a big-time drug dealer off the highway. Wow, I knocked more people off of that highway than should've been on it.

Sick fun! :D

If you liked GTA, I suggest you keep an eye on the PS2 game "The Getaway". You're a theif in England, and you run inside the building, rob em and get into your car and escape the police. The programmers mapped a few dozen blocks of central London for the game, including alleyways.

The graphics look PHENOMINAL... :eek:

Back