And we have a winner! ABNORMAL PROGRAMME TERMINATION

Wendy

Spaceman
Now for the bad news.
I went back and managed to get a trailing drone.
Yapped at Goodin in Nexus
No Drone there, for some reason.
Then booked out to Tingerhoff and picked up the drone.
Jumped to Perry and picked up a hunter, they hate me, a retro, they hate me, a pirate, they hate me, and a Kilrathi or two, they hate me.
Then started booking for Perry.

CRASH!
Abnormal Programme Termination.

I'm gonna look, but I don't think there was a Dr. Watson on this one. It's Dec. 31, the last one I have is for a completely different reason & programme on Dec. 27.

You'll be getting the derr files with an e-mail in an attached RAR. Sorry, no Dr. Watson to explain anything.

UPDATE:
Runtime Error!
Programme: ...vegastrike.exe
abnormal programme termination

Afterburners are running full and hot, the drone is in persuit.
A retro starts her spiel about powerful alien technologies and CRASH!

I'll try a soft boot and see if it repeats. If it does, I'll send you the saved game to let you try it. The base I spoke to Goodin in is MacAbee or something like that. Mining base. This time the Drone picked me up in Nexus as I was toodling about the system raising my shields after cruising in cloaked mode and I lost the game in Tingerhoff as soon as the retro babe started. The crash seems to be linked with that wav file. Maybe there's a problem with the wav?

UPDATE:
It is DEFINITELY linked to that wav file. I'm going to try my different players and see if there is a programme termination when they run it.

UPDATE:
The wave files all play fine in all my media players. I don't know what to say. Is it something to do with the way I haev music, afterburners AND the voice audio playing a SEQUENCE? Look at your system calls on that one. You may have another dit or extra space somewhere. The easiest way to find the odd characters hidden by the usual text editors is to copy and paste it into an html programme like this one and reading it there.

it would be really nice if you had the Dr Watson logs for me...without those speculation is probably useless though I'll check your stderr and stdout.txt files--doubt that'll help

this ever happen with 009 vanilla?

hellcatv said:
it would be really nice if you had the Dr Watson logs for me...without those speculation is probably useless though I'll check your stderr and stdout.txt files--doubt that'll help

this ever happen with 009 vanilla?

Nope. But in that one I made a dash w/o the drone giving chase for some reason, and I did it mostly cloaked, so no-one saw me. You can miss a lot cloaked. I use it less and less, because of that. I only use it now as a means of last resort to excape iminent death

Wendy said:
Now for the bad news.
I went back and managed to get a trailing drone.
Yapped at Goodin in Nexus
No Drone there, for some reason.
Then booked out to Tingerhoff and picked up the drone.
Jumped to Perry and picked up a hunter, they hate me, a retro, they hate me, a pirate, they hate me, and a Kilrathi or two, they hate me.
Then started booking for Perry.

CRASH!
Abnormal Programme Termination.

The same was happening to me - the crashing - I even tried stopping the sound and putting the graphics onto retro - did not help.

In the end the only way I could get past this was to get the mission to visit the admiral, head off into space, and land at a planet before the perry system.

Save a game.

Edit the game, changing the location to gemin/perry, and when u then load up the game I was then in the correct system and able to dock to perry and carry on.

Unregistered said:
The same was happening to me - the crashing - I even tried stopping the sound and putting the graphics onto retro - did not help.

In the end the only way I could get past this was to get the mission to visit the admiral, head off into space, and land at a planet before the perry system.

Save a game.

Edit the game, changing the location to gemin/perry, and when u then load up the game I was then in the correct system and able to dock to perry and carry on.

Did the programme terminate after a retro started her spiel about carrying alien technology?
Which programme version are you running?

Unregistered said:
0.9b - no patches on an XP box

Sorry - yes after the retro started talking...
The game pauses for a second or so, the retro starts talking and bang - windows has encountered an error...

Luckely getting pass this by editing the safe file allows the game to be finished.

I have no idea how that bug got to be in there in the first place...but it's definitely going to be fixed for 1.0
private message me or mail to privater *atsign gmail.com
(*atsign = @)
if you want the fix

or if you want to fix it *now* then edit modules/campaigns.py

change
"I'll slow roast your guts!",True
into
("I'll slow roast your guts!",True)

just a common typo

Back